Alpinestars GP Pro Two-Piece Leather Suit
- Highly abrasion resistant main construction using premium, 1.3mm full-grain leather for excellent comfort, fit and durability.
- Alpinestars race-derived, external Dynamic Friction Shield (DFS) protectors in the shoulders and knees/shins feature injection-molded profiles and dual density foam padding.
- Removable, internal CE-certified protectors offer superior impact protection to shoulders, elbows and knees.
- Snap connection system allows integration of CE level 2-certified Nucleon KR-R Back Protector for the ultimate protection.
- Chest and hip pad compartments with PE padding (Alpinestars Nucleon chest pads available as accessory upgrade).
- Replaceable Alpinestars PU Sport knee sliders incorporate Velcro® for customized and secure fitment. A specific polymer compound ensures excellent feel on track.
- Advanced poly-textile accordion stretch inserts in key articulation zones on the back and elbows for excellent racing fit.
- Extensive advanced poly-textile stretch panels on crotch, underarms, calf and back of the knees for range of movement.
- Integrated PE comfort padding on the chest, torso, coccyx and back further enhances fit and comfort while riding
- High-density perforations on chest, arm and leg offer airflow and help regulate body temperature.
- Airprene sleeve and ankle cuff edging for breathability; cuffs incorporate zip and Velcro® closures for secure and customizable fit.
- Zippered ventilation air-intakes on chest offer personalized levels of airflow.
- Moto GP profiled, perforated, back hump for improved aerodynamic and ventilation performance.
- Alpinestars-developed accordion leather back panel and knee inserts for superior comfort in riding position.
- Zippered rear calf expansion gusset improves range of fit and comfort.
- Reflective detailing for improved rider visibility.
- Premium YKK fasteners and semi-auto locking zips used throughout garment.
- Full circumference waist connection zipper to securely fasten upper and lower garments together.
- Extended lower back profile for increased lumbar coverage.
- Internal water-resistant wallet pocket, plus zippered jacket pockets for peace-of-mind closure.
- Available in men’s EURO sizes: 46-60 / 46-64 (black / red only).
Read on for more details.
Alpinestars suits are offered in European sizes, Choosing a suit depends primarily upon three measurements; chest size, belly size and height. Race suits are cut with a very trim fit which is designed to fit skin tight over underwear or very light clothing. With most suits, the protection (back, chest and/or air bag) is optional and, when installed in the suit, will make them fit smaller, so you’ll want to think about the optional armor before selecting a size.
To select a size in a race suit, we highly recommend you measure your chest and belly with a tape (it is easier if you ask a friend to help). If you need some measuring help, take the link below for detailed instructions. Once you know your chest and belly measurements, you’ll want to choose a size from the chart that will be big enough for both. Before selection, you’ll need to add to your measurements for the addition of optional armor. Generally speaking, we recommend adding 1” to your chest and belly if you plan to add a back protector, and add an additional 1” to your chest for the addition of chest armor (if the suit is equipped to accommodate Alpinestar’s air bag system and you plan to install the air bag instead of armor, we suggest adding 1” to your chest and 1” to your belly).
Unlike separate jackets and pants, the fit of a suit is highly dependent upon your height. And since the fit of both the pants and the upper part of the suit are determined by the single size you choose, it’s pretty important that your height fall within the recommended range. To compensate for being too tall or too short for your ideal size, you can up-size or downsize to some degree, but you’ll be compromising the fit in other areas. Some riders who are much too tall or too short for standard sizing often opt for a custom made suit since off-the-rack suits just won’t work.
Alpinestars offers very complex sizing charts on their website, and if you want to dig more deeply into the sizing issue, I’d suggest visiting their website, but for sake of simplicity, we’ve condensed their basic sizing advice down to the chart below.
|Euro Size||Max Chest
Our Two Cents
A versatile two-piece performance riding suit constructed from full grain leather for high levels of abrasion resistance and durability, the GP Pro 2 Piece incorporates track tested protective capabilities such as the Dynamic Friction Shield (DFS) protection and a perforated Moto-GP profiled hump for improved aerodynamics and comfort. With the possibility to upgrade to CE certified Nucleon back, chest and hip protection this premium two piece suit is ideal for performance riding.