Shoei X-14 Marquez Black Concept 2 Helmet ~ Sale
The difference between a race win and second-place finish can be decided by mere milliseconds, which is precisely why World Champions like Marc Marquez choose the all-new SHOEI X-Fourteen to help shave time off of every lap. Track certified by the fastest rider on the planet, the X-Fourteen is a proven race weapon for those who aren’t willing to sacrifice a single detail when it comes to high-end performance. Like the handcrafted race bikes that dominate MotoGP’s premiere racing circuits, every detail of the X-Fourteen was carefully designed, tested and fine-tuned until this final, uncompromised masterpiece was born. The X-Fourteen—When milliseconds count.
Aerodynamic Shell Design
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel testing and professional riders’ feedback
- Dual-Layer Multi-Density EPS liner enhances impact absorption and ventilation
- Four shell and five EPS liner sizes present increased fit options that help to comfortably fit most head sizes
- Impact absorbing EPS liner throughout the entire chin bar with
Cheek Pad Cooling System
- Standard Rear Flaps can be replaced with optional, narrower flaps to customize aerodynamics, depending on rider preference and track demands
- Removable Lower Air Spoiler can be affixed to the chin bar to improve aerodynamic stablization
- Upper air intake vent is positioned to maximize air volume into the helmet interior
- Top outlet vent is separate from the Rear Stabilizer, allowing it to be positioned for optimum flow-through ventilation
- Cheek Pad Cooling System features channels cut through the EPS liner and corresponding air holes in the cheek pad foam, cooling and clearing warm, humid air away from the rider’s face
- Breath guard and chin curtain included Lightweight, Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+)
- High performance fiber materials are combined with extremely elastic organic fibers into shell construction for a structure that is ultra lightweight, rigid, and resilient 3D Max-Dry Custom Interior System
- The entire interior lining (cheek pads, upper liner, and chin strap covers) can be removed for cleaning, center and cheek pads can be replaced with optional thicknesses for a customizable fit
- Cheek pads and center pad can be manipulated to allow riders to adjust the position/angle of the helmet by up to four degrees, increasing the upper field of vision while tucked in extreme racing positions
- Comfortable, 3D Max-Dry helmet liner material absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture twice as fast as traditional nylon interiors, keeping aggressive riders cool and dry
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove the cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet, enabling the helmet to be more easily removed from the head
- Extra comfort provided by, removable ear pads, breath guard, and chin curtain
Standard Chin-Strap Snap
- Neatly secures chin strap
CWR-F Shield and QR-E System
- QR-E base plate system allows for tool-less shield removal and installation
- Exclusive patent pending Vortex Generators on shield reduce air friction
- Scratch-resistant coating and Pinlock EVO Fog Resistant System
- 99% protection from harmful UV A & B rays
- All-new double shield locking mechanism prevents unwanted shield openings
- Snell 2020
Please Note: We can ship Shoei products to US, US territory or APO/FPO addresses only (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Read on for more details.
Please take a look at this sizing information supplied by Shoei.
Our Two Cents
This new Shoei X-Fourteen Marquez Black Concept 2 is really stunning in person. The matte finish really makes the fluorescent red pop, and you would think a matte finish would have the opposite effect. This new graphic is also Snell 2020 certified.
When you open the box you will find the pinlock insert in the top level of packing styrofoam. Under this layer the helmet is in it’s bag, and if we remove it from the box we find the package containing the instruction manual and other small parts which we will go through in a minute.
The finish is fully matte with several Marquez details. On either side and the rear Marquez’s number 93 is shown. On top Pull&Bear is on both sides of this in-your-face fluorescent red ant, both of which we have seen in several other Marquez helmet graphics.
The X-Fourteen helmet is equipped with a pinlock ready shield so you can easily install the included Pinlock Evo insert to create the double pane window effect and limit fogging of the shield. This shield also has tear off posts on the exterior. In the instruction packet you also find a chin curtain to limit the amount of air that comes up into the helmet from the chin area. The X-Fourteen is Shoei’s racing model, so it also includes this chin or lower air spoiler. It looks very similar to the breath deflector but it installs on the bottom of the helmet just like the chin curtain. This will diffuse the air at the chin and help with the aerodynamics of the helmet at high speed. The other insert in the package is the breath deflector which I just mentioned, it has the Shoei logo on it so you can differentiate between it and the chin spoiler. The breath deflector will help to keep your breath off the shield. Next we find the instruction booklets and several Shoei stickers. Finally, we see this small plastic bottle which has silicone oil. The oil is for where the shield meets the rubber gasket. In the instruction booklet it outlines the area to apply the oil to, but basically you want it on the top and sides up to just short of where the breath deflector sits. Just remember a little silicone oil goes a long way so be sure to use it in moderation and wipe off any excess oil.
The X-Fourteen has several venting options, the lower switch controls the venting to the cheek pad area. The switch just above that sends air to the shield so it helps with defogging. Moving to the brow area we have another vent which combines with the top vent to pull air in the helmet and through channels in the eps lining to the rear exhaust vents. At speed the exhaust vents will create a vacuum effect and will pull more air into the intake vents and help keep you cool.
As for fit, we measured the X-Fourteen helmet for the LidPicker and found that it runs more on the round side of oval. The sizing of this helmet seems to fit very true to the standard Shoei size chart as well. If you aren’t familiar with our LidPicker service you can check it out more details at LidPicker.com – Mike 08/10/20