Scorpion EXO-R2000 Helmet
- TCT® Composite Shell (Thermodynamic Composite Technology) process consists of a proprietary 5 layer blend of interlaced and specially formulated fiberglass, Aramid and organic poly-resin fibers; available in 4 shell sizes to optimize fit and comfort
- EverClear® No Fog Faceshield: Helmet comes equipped with a clear and dark smoke three dimensional face shield; optional, Pinlock® equipped, flat racing shield with tear-off posts available
- AirFit® Liner Inflation System: inflatable cheek pad system for superior personalized fit
- KwickWick 2® Liner Fabric: anti-microbial fabric keeps you cool and dry, liner is easily removable and washable
- KwickFit® cheek pads allow easy on and off of the most common styles of eye glasses
- Quiet Neck Roll: designed to reduce noise and excess wind within the helmet
- Ellip-Tec® Ratchet System: easy, secure, tool-less face shield changes in seconds; pulls the shield back against the eyeport gasket during closing to ensure a proper seal
- Aero-Tuned Ventilation: six intake ports across the front of helmet force cool air in while ten exhaust vents maximize movement of hot air out
- Face Shield Lock/Vent System: securely lock shield in place or turn down the lever to allow light airflow into the helmet
- Emergency Release System: tabs located under the neck roll allow easy removal of the cheek pads by emergency medical personnel
- Titanium double-D ring; high strength titanium D-ring system with industry leading durability
- Certifications: SNELL, DOT
- Sizes: XS – 2XL
Other links of interest:
Need help choosing the right shape and size helmet for your own noggin?
Learn about the LidPicker!
Our Two Cents
Just today we received a small run of these helmets. The first “pleasant surprise” in opening the carton is the extra shield and it comes in its own nice shield pouch (see a pic in our photo gallery). I slipped on my size, an XXL, and found the helmet to fit very well. The shell size is close to the head (no excessive thickness anywhere), and I really like the pump-up cheek pad feature. It is easy to use and gives infinite adjustment for fit in the low/front portion of the helmet. The clear shield is installed on the helmet from the factory so you can see the pivot mechanism work as you raise the shield. I can clearly see the “double acting” nature of the mechanism. It has springs for the shield detent, but also has springs to pull the shield into the gasket when it completely shuts. Looks like it will work well! Here is a nice pdf from Scorpion that outlines the features I’m talking about here.
Here’s the “company line” on the engineering highlights: The EXO-R2000 is Scorpion’s flagship performance race helmet. Built with our exclusive TCT™ composite shell construction, the lightweight EXO-R2000 was developed by Scorpion engineers with input from MotoGP™ riders and tested on the track as well as in the lab. Scorpion’s exclusive Ellip-Tec™ ratchet technology ensures a tight seal around the shield while the advanced aero-tuned ventilation system produces generous airflow and circulation throughout the helmet. The aerodynamically designed tear-drop shell shape minimizes buffeting at high speeds and the AirFit® cheekpad system ensures a custom snug fit. The EXO-R2000 comes equipped with Emergency Release cheek pads, a standard EverClear® shield PLUS a bonus Dark Smoke EverClear® shield. Pinlock® MaxVision®-ready flat shields with tearoff posts are available as an accessory for the track. Scorpion’s DNA is infused into every facet of the EXO-R2000 and the result is a new benchmark for quality and value in a premium helmet.