Icon Airmada Sauvetage Helmets
Do musicians know a song is going to be a hit when they are making it? Did we know people would be obsessed with the Sauvatage graphic when we originally released it? The answers are yes and of course. We knew you’d love it, want it, need it, and when it was no longer available, make crazy offers to get one of your own (no, Joyce of Fargo, N.D., naming your firstborn after us won’t get you anywhere). The Airmada Sauvatage Deux is the banger you’ve been hounding us for. Get yours while the getting is good.
- Injection molded polycarbonate shell for strength and durability
- Recessed twin channel Supervent™ with industry leading intake and exhaust ports for increased cooling
- Fog-Free Icon Optics™ shield with Prolock™ shield locking system
- Adjustable chin and forehead venting system maintains continual temperature for increased comfort in any riding situation
- Rapid Release™ shield change system
- Removable molded breath deflector helps prevent fogging
- Fully removable washable HydraDry™ moisture wicking interior
- Easy adjust ergo vent switch for superior air flow control
- Available in four shell sizes with an Icon exclusive long oval headform for ultimate fit and comfort
- All World Standard, meets or exceeds the following: DOT FMVSS 218 (US ), ECE 22-05 (Europe), SAI AS1698 (Australia) & SG (Japan) Safety and Testing Standards. Does not ship with SAI or SG certification stickers unless purchased from an authorized dealer in that country
Need help choosing the right shape and size helmet for your own noggin?
Learn about the LidPicker!
Our Two Cents
The new Airmada helmet from Icon is packed with all kinds of nice features; it’s hard to know where to began. The Airmada helmet was designed for performance, comfort, and stability at high speeds. The shell of the Airmada comes in 4 different sizes and 5 different EPS liners, which will help cut down on any extra weight and give you a more form fitting feel (say that 10 times fast). Icon gave this helmet a new aerodynamic shape which allows the air to flow around the helmet better and helps prevent buffeting at high speeds. Because this is a performance designed helmet, it has a very contoured fit and is not going to be easy to get on and off. In fact it feels like you are going to pull your ears off putting it on and taking it off. However, once you get your head inside it is very comfortable and has a nice snug fit around the head and face. The tight fit around the jaw and neck greatly reduces the wind and road noise. The shape of the helmet is more of a long oval shape, so if you have a more rounded shaped head this helmet is not the best choice for you. The venting in the Airmada is excellent! It’s not called the AIRmada for nothing. This helmet has 7 intake vents and 6 rear exhaust vents, including two brow vents that work really well at low speed. All the vents can be closed off during those colder days. The closure for the two side vents on the chin bar are operated from inside the helmet. They are easily accessible and operable with gloves on. The inner padding is fully removable and washable; it’s soft and comfortable against the skin, wicks moisture and is anti-microbial. There are at least three different cheek pad options for each shell size so you can get a real nice custom fit. The shield is a new design that has a steel pin to lock the shield down and keep it in place at higher speeds. The Optics shield is wider and offers greater peripheral vision than with the Proshield. Icon offers replacement shields for this helmet in a variety of colors and tints. Changing the shield out is easy and quick; with the shield fully open, you’ll see a a little tab; just press on the tab and pull it back and the shield will pop right off. To put it back on, just line it up in the top position and snap it into place. You’ve got quite a few color and graphic options in the Airmada and overall this is a very nice, well made helmet, especially in this price range. :: Aaron, 10/15/12