Alpinestars RT-8 Gore-Tex Boots
RT-8 Gore-Tex Boot is a protective touring boot engineered for superior comfort on and off the bike. Using a new sole constriction derived from our latest performance shoes, the RT-8 sole unit offers unrivalled walking all-day comfort, on and off the bike. With a very efficient and durable lug pattern capable tackling any terrain ground, this boot also delivers exceptional protection and riding feel, while the compact design has been designed to fit effortlessly under any pants.
- RT-8 has a full GORE-TEX® membrane for 100% guaranteed waterproof performance and breathability.
- Technical modern upper constructed with an advanced blend of microfiber and synthetic high resistance textile laminated by a seamless PU for enhanced breathability.
- Integrated Transversal Protection Frame (TPF) protects the foot while delivering necessary support on the footrest without compromising the front foot flexion.
- Reinforced heel counter and toe box, with additional shift pad layer and reinforced shin area.
- Innovative instep fast lace adjuster controls instep volume of the boot.
- Boot opening managed by lateral zip mounted on elasticated panel, covered by a hook and loop gusseted flap.
- New sole unit for optimal protection and walking comfort.
- Innovative internal volume adjustment system.
- Optimized upper construction comfort associated with a GORE-TEX® membrane.
Fully CE certified motorcycling garment.
Read on for more details.
The overall fit/size of this new style seems “true” to their published size chart (see below), so if you are comfortable with a certain size from previous boots, then choose the same size. I’d consider the width of the men’s sizes to be normal to slightly wide (D or E).
|Euro||Men’s US||Women’s US|
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars RT-8 Gore-Tex boots are the new ultimate touring boot from Alpinestars.
I say they’re the new ultimate touring boot for a few reasons.
1. These boots are designed very similarly to Alpinestars’ best selling touring boots like the Andes and SMX lines with a few updates.
2. Alpinestars has infused these boots with a Gore-Tex membrane for the ultimate in waterproof breathability.
3. Alpinestars has taken proven technology like their instep fast lace adjuster from the Tech 10 inner booty and put it into a touring boot for the first time, giving the rider another layer of custom fit through the instep that usually doesn’t exist in a touring style boot.
Let’s walk through these points. The RT-8 Gore-Tex takes the somewhat standard touring boot formula and bumps it up a notch. The basics are there, standard reinforcement in the toe, heel, and ankles with a padded shift area and medial zip covering a rain gusset with a hook and loop outer panel over the top. Alpinestars takes this up a notch with a new Transversal Protection Frame (TPF) sole that provides stiffness where needed on the bike and flexibility for walking. The TPF also provides support against crushing on the side. Another update is the addition of mesh material on the tongue and at the back of the boot to allow air to flow across the Gore-Tex membrane. This will keep you cool into pretty warm temperatures in a fully waterproof boot! But the biggest stand-out feature is the instep fast lace adjuster system. This is the first time I can recall seeing a system like this inside a standard touring boot. There are other boots with BOA systems that are partially exposed, but this system is unique because it works with a simple pull to tighten or release the holder to loosen lace that is internal to the boot. Alpinestars has been using this technology for years on their top line MX boots the Tech 10 as a way to secure the inner ankle brace booty to the foot. This level of custom instep fit is usually only seen in high end dual sport style boots, so it is welcome to see it coming down the pipeline into a more practical everyday boot like this RT-8.
The Alpinestars RT-8 Gore-Tex boots are a welcome update to the tried and true touring boot style. I like what Alpinestars is doing with this generation of footwear and the lengths they are going to in innovation of the millennia old lace up technology we are all accustomed to (see the Turnstone Boots for another unique instep lace system).