Alpinestars Distinct Drystar Boots
- Main upper in full grain leather with a touch of vintage leather appeal.
- Drystar® membrane layer between upper and lining for unsurpassed all-weather performance.
- Tongue in full grain leather for enhanced comfort, durability and a luxurious feel.
- Traditional lace closure system plus medial side zip closure ensure easy access and comfortable fit.
- Toebox and heel counter internal reinforcement give structure, support and impact resistance without compromising the refined look.
- Alpinestars anatomical foam-backed dual density PU ankle disk reinforcement.
- Replaceable anatomical EVA footbed with PU leather on top for comfort.
- Alpinestars exclusive vulcanized rubber designed for optimal combination of comfort and grip.
- CE-certified to EN 13634:2017 directive.
Read on for more details.
We found this boot to fit true to the US size listed. The width felt like “D” or medium and I found the width in the toe area to give a bit more room than many other boots like this. My advice would be to buy the size you usually wear in a US street shoe.
The laces on this boot give a lot of adjustability to the fit and the side zipper means you can put them on and take them off without unlacing.
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars Distinct Drystar boot has a dressy look (for a protective motorcycle boot) which will look great either on or off the bike.
I really like how this new Distinct boot looks and feels. The leather, of course, is new, and will need breaking in, but the leather is high quality and very sturdy. The leather has a “finish” so you’ll be able to polish them up from time to time and keep them looking sharp. I think these boots would look great with denim. You could wear these to work on the bike and around the office too.
The protective features here are pretty good. The toe box and heel area are reinforced and the sole is VERY stiff through the shank which is what you want in a good motorcycle boot. There are circular ankle armor inserts built in on either side of the ankle bones, but you don’t see them from the outside.
I LOVE the set up this boot has with the laces and the side zipper. For a dressy boot, this is ideal. I just hate messing with laces every time I wear a boot and the side zipper solves the issue. This boot is made “waterproof” with an integral Drystar waterproof membrane built in between the leather upper and the inside lining. Hmm, I’m not so sure I’d want to wear a nice leather boot like this in the rain though. For an occasional rain, it would probably be OK, but if you think you’ll be riding in frequent wet weather, I’d recommend a more traditional motorcycle boot made with a microfiber upper.
One thing I noticed that may be of interest to sport or sport touring riders is that this boot has a lower profile to the toe area and the sole is not overly thick like some street boots with a lug sole, which might make shifting a sportier bike a lot easier.
Overall, I’m a fan just on quality and looks alone. I think this boot will solve a problem for many that need to look good when they get where they are going. :: Paul, 09-17-19