Alpinestars CR-X Drystar Riding Shoes
A protective riding shoe with unrivalled off-the-bike, all-day walking comfort. The CR-X boasts a running shoe last which provides a ‘snug’ fit coupled with ‘ample inner shoe volume’ to ensure good all-day foot comfort, while the Drystar® waterproof and breathable membrane guarantees effective all-weather performance.
- Drystar® membrane offers effective weather protection in wet conditions.
- The sole unit ‘DROP’ (or, the off-set between heel and toe) is set at 9 mm (many running shoes have a 9 mm drop) to ensure a smooth heel-to-toe transition when walking.
- Features an EVA midsole provides for excellent all-day underfoot comfort.
- Forefoot Flex grooves are engineered into the midsole for enhanced forefoot comfort (the grooves promote flexing in the forefoot area).
- Full-length TPU CE-certified inner sole plate for superior riding protection and a dynamic heel-to-toe transition when walking.
- Asymmetric outsole stud configuration provides excellent levels of grip and abrasion resistance.
- Oil resistant dual rubber compound provides optimized grip on unclean/slippery surfaces.
- Removable Ortholite insock provides long lasting comfort and prevents over heating thanks to the Open Cell PU compound.
- Hidden asymmetric lateral and medial TPU ankle discs for effective but discreet ankle protection.
- Lightweight inner bootie with minimal construction design for a comfortable, glove-like fit.
- Tongue with bellows construction has been designed to remain in position when riding for a snug, secure fit.
- Gear shift zone features a highly abrasive-resistant TPU layer for enhanced durability.
- Internal EVA layer sandwiched between outer and inner materials reduces pressure on the foot in the gear shift area, thus ensuring superior rider comfort.
- According to European statutory law the CE mark is a conformity requirement for the marketing of this product. The following standards apply:
- CE EN13634:2017.
Read on for more details.
These boots are sold in US men’s sizes, so you can choose the size you normally wear in street shoes/boots. The length of the boots seems true to size. And the width feels like a standard width (“D” width) boot. The side buckles have a wide range of adjustability for both the instep and the calf, so in those areas, they should work for just about anybody.