Klim Traverse Pants
- GORE-TEX® 3-LAYER PERFORMANCE SHELL TECHNOLOGY
- GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY®
- PASSES GORE-TEX® ON-ROAD MOTORCYCLE TEST (REMAINS WATERPROOF AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS)
- MAIN BODY DURABLE NYLON 66 SHELL
- 500D CORDURA® REINFORCEMENTS ON KNEES AND LOWER LEG
- FLY ZIPPER COVERED BY INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL STORM FLAPS
- TWO ADJUSTABLE FRONT THIGH INTAKE VENTS
- TWO ADJUSTABLE BACK THIGH EXHAUST VENTS
- 1 LEFT THIGH ZIPPERED CARGO POCKET WITH STORM FLAP
- GENUINE LEATHER INSIDE KNEES PROVIDES HEAT PROTECTION
- HIP AND KNEE PAD POCKETS COMPATIBLE WITH D30® T5 LEVEL 1 & LEVEL 2 HIP AND KNEE PADS (NOT INCLUDED)
- KNEE CUP/KNEE BRACE COMPATIBLE
- TONAL REFLECTIVE MATERIAL
- MOISTURE-WICKING MESH LINER WITH CORDURA® INNER KNEE (BRACE REINFORCEMENT)
- VELCRO® WAIST ADJUSTMENT
- ARTICULATED SEAT AND LEG PROFILE FOR COMFORTABLE RIDER POSITIONING
- GLOVE-FRIENDLY ZIPPER PULLS ADJUSTABLE OVER-THE-BOOT CUFF CONSTRUCTION COMPATIBLE WITH KLIM SUSPENDERS
I measured a selection of these pants and found the waist size of the pants to measure out consistently at 2” larger than the stated size. Most men’s jeans will be sized this way these days…. it’s called vanity sizing. We recommend you measure your waist or the waistband of your favorite jeans to see what size pants you need. The waist sizes for each pant size can be adjusted down by 2 to 3 inches with the side waist adjusters.
Inseam on the regular size pants is about 33” and inseam on the tall size pants is about 35”.
Here is a chart I put together to show you how each pant size measures out so you can select the size based upon what you come up with when you measure yourself.
|Pant Size||Max Waist Size||Inseam Regular||Inseam Tall|
Our Two Cents
Klim Traverse pants are built for a variety of riders from off-road, to dual sport to street. The pants have features that are suitable for off-road which requires VERY rugged construction. These pants are made of very heavy duty Cordura material with double layers in key areas, like the seat and lower legs. And even the inner leg area is covered in washable leather for added thickness and durability.
The pants are made waterproof with Gore-Tex, the premium system to keep you dry and to allow moist air and sweat from your body to escape. I think everybody knows about the superior performance of the name brand Gore-Tex. These pants even have some leg venting. There are two zips on the side of the thigh in front and also two zips on the back of the leg to promote a flow of air through the pants. The front zips have a rain gutter flap over them and the back ones have the waterproof zippers.
Most off-road riders will have their own armor equipment for knees, so these pants don’t come with armor, but they do have pockets for the installation of armor if you want it. Most street riders will opt for armor, and so you can choose the D3O armor for knees and hips (see the links below). Either CE level one or two is available. For light duty pants like jeans, I usually recommend level 1 because the units are lighter and thinner, but in a heavy duty pant like this, level 2 would be my recommendation.
A lot of people who’d buy these pants will be wearing heavy duty boots, and the bottoms of the legs of these pants are set up to go over even the thickest, heaviest boot. But they also have strips of Velcro so you can decrease the pant leg size for less substantial footwear too.
If you are a fan of suspenders, check out the options below. Suspenders can be a great thing for motorcycle pants since the pants are heavier (with the armor and all), and when you spend a good deal of time sitting, you can wear your waistband a bit looser, but your pants will still stay up! (See links below for options).
For just about any rider who does more than street riding, these pants have all the features you’ll want and in a VERY robust package. :: Paul, 04-14-17