Klim Badlands Pro Pant
- GORE-TEX® 3-LAYER PRO LAMINATE TECHNOLOGY
- GORE-TEX® PRO LAMINATES—THE MOST BREATHABLE, MOST DURABLE MOTORSPORTS SHELL CONSTRUCTION AVAILABLE
- GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY®
- SPL 200 3 LAYER PRO GORE-TEX®
- FPL 400 3 LAYER PRO GORE-TEX®
- CUSTOM-ENGINEERED VARIABLE-DENSITY SUPERFABRIC® ON KNEES
- 500D KARBONITE™ RIPSTOP ON POCKETS AND SEAT
- HIGHLY ABRASION RESISTANT 500D KARBONITE™ RIPSTOP PANELS IN KEY IMPACT AND WEAR AREAS
- HIGH-MOBILITY ACTIVE FIT PATTERNING FOR UNMATCHED COMFORT
- PRE-CURVED KNEE POSITIONING CONSTRUCTION
- 3M SCOTCHLITE™ REFLECTIVE MATERIAL ON PANELS AND TRIM FOR INCREASED LOW-LIGHT VISIBILITY
- VELCRO® WAIST FASTENERS
- YKK® VISLON® WATER RESISTANT ZIPPERS
- NEW CUSTOM D3O®/KLIM ARMOR SYSTEM – AERO PRO
- INCREASED COVERAGE
- INCREASED VENTILATION
- INCREASED BREATHABILITY
- BETTER ERGONOMICS
- LIMB-SPECIFIC PADS
- KLIM AERO PRO D3O HIPS AND KNEES
- AERO PRO D3O® EXCEEDS LEVEL 2 CE CERTIFICATION INCLUDING HOT TEST FOR PREN1621-1:2011 TESTING)
- D3O TAILBONE ARMOR (NOT CE RATED)
- ADJUSTABLE ARMOR POCKETS FOR REFINED ARMOR PLACEMENT
- QUICK ADJUST STRAPS BEHIND KNEE KEEPS ARMOR IN PLACE
- IMPROVED FIT KEEPS ARMOR IN PLACE
- INCREASED HEAT RESISTANT LEATHER COVERAGE TO GRIP AND PROTECT
- KLIMATEK™ COOLING STRETCH MESH IN HIP AND KNEE PAD POCKETS
- IMPROVED INTERNAL MOISTURE-WICKING MESH POLYGIENE® ODOR FIGHTING FOR LONG TRIPS
- IMPROVED BACK WAISTBAND CONSTRUCTION
- 2 ZIPPERED CARGO POCKETS WITH IMPROVED USABILITY
- PANT WORKS INTUITIVELY WITH RIDER’S NATURAL MOVEMENT AND MOTIONS
- STANDARDIZED JACKET-TO-PANT ZIPPER INTEGRATION SYSTEM
- CUSTOM TPU ZIPPER PULLERS
- ADJUSTABLE CUFFS
- VASTLY IMPROVED AIRFLOW AND VENTING
- 2 FRONT THIGH
- 2 BACK THIGH
GARMENT PASSES *CE CERTIFICATION A/AA/AAA
I measured a selection of these pants and found the waist size of the pants to measure out consistently at 2” larger than the stated size. Most men’s jeans will be sized this way these days…. it’s called vanity sizing. We recommend you measure your waist or the waistband of your favorite jeans to see what size pants you need. The waist sizes for each pant size can be adjusted down by 2 to 3 inches with the side waist adjusters.
Inseam on the regular size pants is about 33” and inseam on the tall size pants is about 35”.
Here is a chart I put together to show you how each pant size measures out so you can select the size based upon what you come up with when you measure yourself.
|Pant Size||Max Waist Size||Inseam Regular||Inseam Tall||Inseam Short|
Our Two Cents
These new Badlands Pro pants for 2018 are the perfect mate the to the Badlands jacket. They are the most “beefy” Klim pants we’ve sold to date. Take one of the lower priced pants and add heavier materials, bigger/better armor and a bulletproof waterproof design and you’ve got the new Badlands Pro.
Here’s the short selling line from Klim: Designed for the toughest Adventure Riders who overcome the harshest elements. Developed to master continuous abuse from hardened World Travelers. Introducing the next generation of the Badlands Pro. The most trusted name in ADV. Get your man card out, you’re gonna need itTOP 3 BENEFITS:
- WORLD-CLASS DURABILITY AND FUNCTIONALITY ON THE LONGEST ADVENTURES
- KEEPS YOU DRY AND COMFORTABLE IN GLOBALLY DIVERSE CLIMATES
- CUSTOM-BUILT KLIM®/D3O® AERO PRO ARMOR RAISES THE STANDARD IN ADV PROTECTION
The shell material used in these pants is made with Gore-Tex fused to the back side which makes the pants waterproof but breathable. There are no separate layers or liners to make them that way. Inside, the pants are lined with softer nylon material for comfort. And on this pant, there is an additional layer of slide protection on the knees… the Superfabric. Superfabric is the most abrasion resistant material we see in the motorcycle apparel world. It is flexible and thick but its layered in thousands of tiny “nubs” (for lack of a better word”) which gives a finish that is low friction but VERY tough. This fabric will hold up to prolonged sliding, and being a lower friction surface will promote sliding rather than tumbling which is the idea behind other gear where we sell this material such as palm sliders on race gloves. Anyway, the takeaway is that the rugged shell material along with the Superfabric makes this pant just as tough as the jacket.
The armor package here is very robust. All the armor is D3O, but its the new Aero Pro version. Its noticeably large than the “standard” D3O we are used to seeing in other gear and it has larger holes for air to pass through. All of it is THICK and CE level 2 rated. You get two knees, two hips and even a pad over the tailbone. Have a look at our photo gallery. We’ve removed the armor so we could show it to you. There is nothing else to buy.
Like the mating jacket, this pair of pants has LARGE zippered vents in front that open up directly to the inside, so wind can enter directly to your body. In back, there are a couple exhaust vents. With the excellent venting setup, these pants should work for nearly all weather conditions provided you layer underneath appropriately.
The pants are adjustable not only in the waist, but also behind the knee and around the leg end (to adjust for different types of boots). The overall fit of these pants is relaxed, so getting a fit shouldn’t be a big issue for most. The pants have a zip on the waist band in back to connect to a Klim jackets. If you want the whole package, put these pants on along with the jacket and you’ll have it! :: Paul, 01-26-18