Alpinestars Venture XT Pants
- Lightweight and durable main shell with a water-resistant treatment for effective wet weather performance
- Thigh vents for enhanced airflow
- Nucleon Flex Plus armor delivers optimal protection against impacts
- Technical stretch fabric at the crotch, back yoke and knee for optimal freedom of movement
- Ergonomic cargo pocket for easy access, even when riding, when seated or standing up on the footrests
- Reinforced seat area for additional strength in a key area
- Synthetic leather inner knee for enhanced durability and contact with the bike
- Ready to be upgraded with Nucleon hip inserts (sold separately)
Read on for more details.
These pants are sold in Alpha sizes and allow for some waist adjustment. We find the pants to run small as compared to Alpinestar’s sizing chart (the discrepancy gets progressively worse in the larger size pants). We developed the following chart to help you get the best fit based on your US pants size. This fit estimate is assuming you’ll be wearing the pants over underwear only (not over other street clothes). These pants really aren’t made to be worn over other street clothes, but if that is your intention, you’d want to order one size bigger.
|Alpha Size||Our Estimate of
US Pant Size
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars Venture XT pants are available in both over the boot and in the boot styles.
The inseam on the in the boot pants is about 3 inches shorter than the over the boot style. The cuff on the over the boot pant has a zip opening to the mid-shin to make it easier to put your boots on while wearing the pants and there is a hook and loop strap so you can adjust the fit around the boot.
Both pants have Nucleon Flex Pro armor at the knee and pockets for optional hip armor if you would like to add it on your own (see related products). The hip pockets are easily accessed, but the knee armor is behind the mesh interior lining so you have to unzip it at the cuff and then feed it down the hole to swap it out if you needed to do that.
Both styles have zippered slant pockets at the waist and zippered cargo pockets at the hip that are easily accessed when sitting or standing on the pegs. There is also a zippered vent just below this cargo pocket to get some airflow that forces its way up to the waist before exhausting.
These pants are designed for dual sport and adventure riders but we’ve seen them as popular for commuting riders as well. They’re a simple style that gives storage options but isn’t so wild that it screams motorcycle pant. With the included armor at the knee, you’re well on the way to having a nice protective pant for multiple riding styles. :: Mike, 01/03/2022