Alpinestars Streetwise Drystar Pants
- Multi-fabric, multi-panel main shell construction for optimized levels of fit, comfort and durability.
- Laminated DRYSTAR® membrane for 100% waterproofing and excellent breathability. The bonded membrane construction makes for lighter garment and reduced material bulk.
- Removable thermal liner (100g, thigh, 80g lower leg) means pants can be worn in a variety of climate conditions.
- Strategically positioned ballistic nylon inserts for durability and seam strength.
- Stretch insert on crotch and knee area offers an enhanced range of leg mobility.
- Two deep zippered hand pockets for peace-of-mind storage of belongings.
- Ventilation openings feature zippers to easily control levels of cooling and internal airflow.
- Reflective prints on side of the pants make the rider more visible to other road users.
- Multiple hook and loop volume adjusters on legs.
- Hook and loop strap on waist adjuster for improved riding fit.
- Waist connection zipper allows attachment to Alpinestars riding jacket.
- Silicon print on back seat area in order provides greater grip on seat.
- Fixed soft full mesh lining for comfort and breathability.
- Developed to accommodate the CE-certified Nucleon KR-H Hip Protector (available as accessory upgrade).
- Internal Level 1 CE-certified Bio Armor knee protectors for class-leading protection.
- This garment is CE-certified
Read on for more details.
The pants are sold in ordinary US Alpha sizes and Alpinestars offers a chart to estimate the waist size for each alpha size. The conversion estimates are about what you’d expect for each US alpha size but the actual pants are a bit smaller than what Alpinestars estimates.
To help you get the right size, we’ve developed a chart which shows waist sizes listed in Alpinestar’s size chart and also waist sizes from our own measurements. Please note that we are listing a waist size range for each pant. That is because the pants have adjustment tabs on the waist that allow you to snug them down if needed (but they do not get bigger). Choose a size based on the measurement of your waist. You’ll want to measure yourself up a bit higher on your waist than ordinary jeans because protective pants like this are a little higher waisted. Take the link below if you need advice on how to measure.
|Alpha Size||Alpinestars Waist
Our Two Cents
These Streetwise pants are a nice, simple pant that will work for commuters and street riders for most of the year. The pants come with knee armor and a removable thermal liner. The pants are “mostly” waterproof (read on).
OK, I say “mostly” waterproof because the shell material IS waterproof. Its a typical abrastion resistant material with a bonded Drystar waterproof liner. The bonded construction is a premium feature because it makes for a lighter pants that fits better with less bulk. Many pants come with a waterproof liner that is a separate layer between the shell and the inner liner. Pants with a bonded liner means the waterproof material is bonded to the back side of the shell material. This type of construction eliminates that extra layer and still have waterproof construction. And, with a bonded liner it is possible to have zippered vents, which we have here that allow air to flow directly to the body, which this pant has. But here’s the rub… the zip vents on this pant are not water proof so during heavy rains or at higher speeds, these zip vents are going to leak. So consider what kind of weather you’ll encounter when you ride. Will you use these pants in warmer or colder weather and occasional rain? They’ll probably work fine, but if you ride in frequent rain, then you’ll be better off choosing something else. For cold weather use you get a removable full-pant thermal liner. Zip that in and you’ll be warm down to some pretty low temps.
These pants are pretty adjustable. You’ll see side waist adjusters (on almost every other pant too) along with three Velcro adjusters down each leg. These will allow you to fit the pants to your liking. The leg ends have a zipper to facilitate putting on and taking off and they’d also work if you wore the pants over taller boots with a bulky top (leaving the zipper up) because there is an integral gator to keep the water out even if the zip is up. There are also some very good night time reflectives on those adjustment tabs.
Standard Bio Armor pieces are fitting in the knees as standard and there are Velcro pads in the hip areas if you want to add hip armor (see the link below). I personally like the overall relaxed, street riding fit of these pants and I like the very nice thermal liner included. :: Paul, 09-24-18
Alpinestars says: The Streetwise DRYSTAR® Pant has a multi-fabric main shell construction incorporating strategic ballistic nylon reinforcements and CE-certified protection, as well stretch inserts on the crotch and knee. A laminated DRYSTAR® membrane, for guaranteed levels of waterproofing and breathability without excessive material bulk, and a removable thermal liner mean this pant can be worn in a wide range of weather conditions.