Alpinestars Missile V3 AF Pant
- Premium 1.3mm genuine bovine leather main chassis construction
- Dual layers in exposed areas for additional abrasion resistance
- Accordion leather stretch zones above the knee offer improved felxibility
- Extended high rear waist construction provides greater jacket overlap
- Extensive strech panels on calf and crotch area for improved fit and feel
- Pre-curved leg construction helps improve fit and reduce riding fatigue
- Perforated leather panel on thigh for internal air cooling
- Waist connection zipper allows Alpinestars jacket connection
- Hook and loop waist adjuster for secure, personalized fit
- Internal mesh lining with stretch panel inserts for freedom of movement
- Alpinestars GP-R Lite internal protection on knee
- Replaceable Sport knee sliders for impact and abrasion resistance
- CE — Category II EN17092 standards — AA class
Read on for more details.
The pants are sold in European sizes, so please use the chart below to choose a size based upon your MEASURED waist. As with past models of race/sport pants from Alpinestars, we find the pants to run smaller than indicated by Alpinestars, so for each size, we’ve listed the US waist given by Alpinestars (both tagged in the pant and in their published chart) and also our estimate of actual waist size.
We’ve also indicated an estimate for an approximate inseam of each pant size. In a race pant like this, the pants are designed only to go down to your ankle bone (top of the foot), and so the inseam indicated will be shorter than the inseam you are used to buying in jeans (about 2” actually), so don’t be thrown off. You can either measure your inseam (from the crotch seam on snug jeans to the top of your foot would be a good indication), or to get a good idea, just subtract 2” from the inseam you normally buy in pants.
|Our Estimate of
Our Two Cents
The Missile v3 is the 3rd generation of Alpinestars’ Missile pants. The AF stands for airflow and the airflow version is heavily perforated in the thighs and through the rise.
The Missile v3 is a street and track pant so the armor is fairly substantial. The knees have Alpinestars GP=R Lite protectors that extend down the shin for extra protection. This protection is overlaid with sport knee sliders that are replaceable if you’re out there dragging knees like a pro. The hips have the ultra light, thin, and flexible Alpinestars BioFlex armor. Just below the knee there are reflective strips on each knee for increased visibility.
The pants have pre-curved legs for maximum comfort in the riding position (they’ll feel a little weird standing up!). The fit is pretty easy thanks to stretch panels in the crotch and accordion panels above the knees and at the waist on the rear. There are two hook and loop waist adjusters to bring the waist down up to 2-4 inches. The pants also have a full length connection zipper with the mating half included so you can easily pair it with your favorite jacket.
These pants should work well for the sport rider who is looking for a protective pant with some good airflow that can pull double duty on street or track. :: Mike, 4/22/2022