Motonation Apparel Sherpa Jeans
- Fashionable yet functional design suits any climate.
- Comfortable and perfect for everyday riding, but offer the benefit of abrasion resistant protection in the critical areas where riders need protection.
- Constructed of high quality durable 12oz. Stone Washed Hand Distressed Denim.
- 100% Polyester anti-bacterial fixed mesh lining.
- Real DuPont™ ARAMID fiber reinforcement in all high abrasion and impact areas.
- High Quality 20mm brushed steel waist button.
- Antique metal front zipper.
- Lined pockets for comfort.
- Removable CE certified knee protectors.
- Perfect to wear over your boots.
- Machine wash and dry.
We measured a selection of these jeans and find they run small. For example, a size 34×34 measures out with a 32” waist and a 33” inseam. So considering that the actual measured waist of a typical jean measures out one to two inches LARGER than the stated size, these jeans run one size or even two sizes smaller than expected.
I’d suggest you measure the waist on a pair of jeans that fit you well, and then buy one size larger than what you come up with. Use the line below for tips on measuring.
Also note, the inseam is running about 1” shorter than the stated size.
Go here to see the Motonation Apparel Size Charts
Our Two Cents
The Motonation jeans are a mid-weight denim jeans with armor in the knees and reinforcement material in the seat and knees.
The denim material used here is super soft and comfortable. These are about the most soft and flexible jeans we offer and have a very casual look. The material reminds me of a mix between a chino pant and a soft denim.
Aramid fabric is sewn in behind the denim in the seat and in the knees to improve the pant’s abrasion resistance in case of a fall. Plain denim doesn’t do much in that regard so having that reinforcement is important. The inside of the pant is fully lined with black mesh material. Having a liner with the abrasion resistant material is important to keep that fabric from rubbing you the wrong way.
The styling is pretty “normal”... a five pocket design that everybody is used to. The overall cut I’d call “slim” and the pant leg ends are “straight” leg.
The jeans have pockets in the knees and and the pants include CE armor inserts. The pocket in the knee area is adjustable for height so you can get the armor in a good position for you.
Choose from two washes…. dark blue or black… and see my notes on sizing above to make sure you choose the right inseam/waist. :: Paul, 05-09-18
Motonation says: A fantastic value in an Aramid lined jean the Sherpa jean has a straight leg, relaxed cut available in dark blue or black washed finishes, so these can be every day jeans as well as riding jeans. Under the 12 oz. washed denim is DuPont™ ARAMID fiber reinforcement in all the high abrasion and impact areas. There’s even removable CE rated knee armor and an anti-bacterial mesh inner lining.