Klim Dakar Pants (SOLD OUT)
- DURABLE, CONTROLLED VENTILATION OVER-THE-BOOT OFF-ROAD PANT
- TWO LARGE ADJUSTABLE YKK®-ZIPPERED THIGH VENTS FOR CUSTOM AIRFLOW
- TWO SMALLER FIXED-OPEN REAR LEG VENTS
- HEAVY-DUTY 840D CORDURA MAIN BODY CONSTRUCTION WITH DURABLE WATER RESISTANT (DWR) COATING TO DEFLECT MORE WATER AND MUD
- DURABLE AND ULTRA-STRONG A&E® HEAVY-DUTY NYLON THREAD SEAM CONSTRUCTION
- THICKER, HIGHLY ABRASION AND MELT-RESISTANT LEATHER ON LEGS FOR MAXIMUM DURABILITY
- IMPROVED DWR TREATMENT ON LEATHER TO RESIST WATER AND MUD
- ENGINEERED STRETCH MATERIAL IN FLEX ZONES (ABOVE SEAT, ABOVE KNEE, GROIN AND UPPER SIDE HIP)
- KLIM®’S ADJUSTABLE CUFF SYSTEM WITH VELCRO® BRAND FASTENER CLOSURES ALLOWS PANT TO BE OPENED TO ADJUST BOOT AND KNEE GUARDS/BRACES AND CINCHED DOWN AS TIGHT AS DESIRED AROUND BOOTS—FITS A WIDE RANGE OF BOOTS/BRACES/GUARDS
- TWO YKK®-ZIPPERED THIGH CARGO POCKETS WITH STORM FLAP COVER TO DEFLECT WATER AND DEBRIS
- 3M Scotchlite™ REFLECTIVE MATERIAL TRIM FOR ILLUMINATION IN DUSK TO DARK
- ADJUSTABLE WAIST VIA DUAL VELCRO® BRAND FASTENER CINCH STRAPS
- GLOVE FRIENDLY ZIPPER PULLERS
- ARTICULATED LEG FOR ADDED RIDING COMFORT
- YKK® FLY ZIPPER ENTRY WITH STORM FLAP SECURED BY TWO SNAPS
- GRIPPER ELASTIC WAIST
- HIGH BACK YOKE FOR MAXIMUM DIRT PROTECTION
- HIP AND KNEE PAD POCKETS (PADS SOLD SEPARATELY)
- TECHNICAL HANGING LINER CONSTRUCTION FEATURES STRETCH PANELS MATCHING EXTERIOR SHELL STRETCH ZONES, HIGHLY BREATHABLE MOISTURE WICKING MESH LINING AT UPPER, DURABLE NYLON TAFFETA AROUND LOWER LEG, HIGHLY ABRASION RESISTANT 840D CORDURA® LINING INNER KNEE AND AROUND LOWER CUFF
Check out these similar products:
I measured a selection of these pants and found the waist size of the pants to measure out consistently at 2” larger than the stated size. Most men’s jeans will be sized this way these days…. it’s called vanity sizing. We recommend you measure your waist or the waistband of your favorite jeans to see what size pants you need. The waist sizes for each pant size can be adjusted down by 2 to 3 inches with the side waist adjusters.
Inseam on the regular size pants is about 33” and inseam on the tall size pants is about 35”.
Here is a chart I put together to show you how each pant size measures out so you can select the size based upon what you come up with when you measure yourself.
|Pant Size||Max Waist Size||Inseam Regular||Inseam Tall|
Our Two Cents
Klim Dakar pants are built much like traditional off road pants, but unlike ordinary off road pants, these pants are built very ruggedly and also have provisions for the addition of armor and have pretty extensive venting features. I can see these pants appealing to those who do a lot of adventure/dual sport riding. The pants have features that are suitable for off-road which requires VERY rugged construction. These pants are made of very heavy duty Cordura material with double layers in key areas, like the seat and lower legs. And even the inner leg area is covered in washable leather for added thickness and durability.
These pants have dual zippers on the legs for venting. These zips are sort of diagonal across each thigh facing forward, so they should catch tons of air when open. And in the back there are two smallish, permanently open vents for air to escape. Also, the legs are larger in diameter to accommodate off road/adventure boots and so there is plenty of room for air to travel down the legs too. Along side those zip vents on each thigh are a couple zip close pockets for storage too.
Most off-road riders will have their own armor equipment for knees, so these pants don’t come with armor, but they do have pockets for the installation of armor if you want it. Adventure riders and dual sport riders may not have external armor rigs, so you can choose the D3O armor for knees and hips (see the links below). Either CE level one or two is available. For light duty pants like jeans, I usually recommend level 1 because the units are lighter and thinner, but in a heavy duty pant like this, level 2 would be my recommendation.
A lot of people who’d buy these pants will be wearing heavy duty boots, and the bottoms of the legs of these pants are set up to go over even the thickest, heaviest boot. But they also have strips of Velcro so you can decrease the pant leg size for less substantial footwear too.
The waist of these pants has a sturdy double snap closure and also adjusters on each side. The inside of the waistband has the “grippy” material to grab your shirt to help them stay up. If you like you can use a set of Klim suspenders to help hold up the pants. Suspenders can be a great thing for motorcycle pants since the pants are heavier (with the armor and all), and when you spend a good deal of time sitting, you can wear your waistband a bit looser, but your pants will still stay up! (See links below for options).
If you ride off the pavement and want a pant that will do more than ordinary dirt bike pants, then these ought to do the trick. :: Paul, 05-02-17