Klim Adventure Rally Air Pants (32 - 36, 32T, Or 34T Only)
The KLIM® Adventure Rally Air Pant redefines what fully-ventilated adventure gear can stand up to. Its high marks in abrasion and cut/tear resistance and impressive use of the new D3O® XERGO® line of integrated armor pieces ensures hot, humid and brutally abusive conditions have been tamed. The Adventure Rally Air Pant maintains high-end KLIM® pant features as well. Premium leather inner knees, reflective mesh materials, SuperFabric® slide zones on the knees and a sleek, simply adjustable boot cuff.EXTERIOR FEATURES
- HEAVY DUTY KEVLAR® MESH CONSTRUCTION WITH AMAZING TEAR AND ABRASION RESISTANCE
- KEVLAR® STRETCH MESH CROTCH FOR FULL RANGE OF MOTION
- KEVLAR® SEAT PANEL
- LARGE PANELS OF SUPERFABRIC® MATERIAL AT KNEES FOR BETTER SLIDING ABRASION RESISTANCE
- REFLECTIVE MESH MATERIAL PLACEMENT ON THIGHS AND LOWER LEGS FOR INCREASED LOW-LIGHT AND DARK-CONDITIONS VISIBILITY
- PREMIUM LEATHER INSIDE KNEES AND INSIDE LOWER LEG PROVIDE EXCELLENT DURABILITY AND HEAT RESISTANCE INTEGRATED ARMOR SYSTEM
- D3O® XERGO KNEE AND HIP PIECES (MEET AND EXCEED NEWEST PROPOSED CE LEVEL 2 LIMB PROTECTOR STANDARDS [PREN1621-1:2011])
- PORON® XRD™ EXTREME IMPACT FOAM COXIC (TAILBONE) PAD
- DOW CORNING S7-005 DEFLEXION™ON TOP OF THIGHS FOR PROTECTION AND BREATHABILITY CARGO, COMFORT AND INTERNALS
- TWO EXTERNAL POCKETS: 2 LARGE THIGH POCKETS WITH HORIZONTAL ZIPPERS FOR EASY
- ONE HIDDEN MONEY POCKET IN WAIST
- REMOVABLE SPOT POCKET ON LEFT THIGH FOR PROPER POSITION OF SPOT ANTENNA WHEN SEATED FOR BETTER TRACKING ABILITY
- MOISTURE-WICKING MESH INTERNAL LINER
- 500D CORDURA® INNER LOWER CUFF BOOT BUCKLE GUARD
- INTEGRATED SUSPENDER ATTACHMENT POINTS
- FULL CIRCUMFERENCE JACKET-TO-PANTS ZIP
- HEAVY DUTY YKK® ZIPPERS USED THROUGHOUT
- SPACER MESH AT KNEES FOR BREATHABILITY AND COMFORT
- ADJUSTABLE OVER-THE-BOOT CUFF CONSTRUCTION VIA VELCRO® BRAND FASTENERS CLOSURE KEEPS PANTS SECURELY IN PLACE AND KEEPS WEATHER OUT OF BOOTS
- ADJUSTABLE CUFF DESIGN ALLOWS PANT TO BE OPEN ENOUGH TO ADJUST BOOT AND KNEE GUARDS/BRACES AND PROVIDES LARGE RANGE OF ADJUSTMENT TO FIT THE WIDEST RANGE OF BOOT STYLES/SIZES.
I measured a selection of these pants and found the waist size of the pants to measure out consistently at 2” larger than the stated size. Most men’s jeans will be sized this way these days…. it’s called vanity sizing. We recommend you measure your waist or the waistband of your favorite jeans to see what size pants you need. The waist sizes for each pant size can be adjusted down by 2 to 3 inches with the side waist adjusters.
Inseam on the regular size pants is about 33” and inseam on the tall size pants is about 35”.
Here is a chart I put together to show you how each pant size measures out so you can select the size based upon what you come up with when you measure yourself.
|Pant Size||Max Waist Size||Inseam Regular||Inseam Tall||Inseam Short|
Our Two Cents
Klim offers two jacket and two pant versions of the Adventure Rally jacket/pants. The standard Adventure Rally and Adventure Rally pants are a solid textile design. They are highly vented with numerous zip vents and they are waterproof with bonded Gore Tex shells. These products will be very close to a four-season system. In the heat of summer though, they’ll get a bit toasty.
The Adventure Rally Air jacket and pants are made with a mostly-mesh frame that allows LOTS of air flow and this design will shine in the hottest summer months. By themselves, they aren’t waterproof, but the Klim Gore-Tex Rain jackets and pants can be purchased to wear over for waterproofing.
The overall choice whether to opt for the Adventure rally or Adventure Rally Air comes down to the climate you most anticipate riding in. The standard jacket will take you through 80% of the climates in the world, but for those that will do some extreme hot temp riding, opt for the Rally Air.
We’ve gone through the Adventure Rally jacket in pants in our own studio and we’ll put together our standard photo gallery on each. We were not able to do the same for the Air versions, but MANY of the features are similar such as the armor system.
The feature list on this jacket is just insanely detailed and long. In addition to that, we offer the detailed photos so you can see the features close up and we offer the spec list from Klim that lays out all the features.
Let me say that these jackets and pants are something really specialized… these offer the most complete armor systems of any jackets and pants we sell—period. All the armor is CE level 2 from D3O and further, the shoulder and elbows armor is custom designed for Klim from D3O. They are more beefy and larger than the standard level 2 armor we sell by a good margin.
The shell materials are also well beyond anything else we sell. The base shell is bonded Gore Tex (in the non-air version) which heavy duty in itself, but beyond that, the shoulders and elbows (and knees of the pants) in both versions are heavily over-layed and reinforced with Superfabric which resists abrasion, wears and slides better than any fabric used in motorcycle apparel today.
The extraordinary protection of the armor in the Adventure Rally jacket weighs in at 9.5lbs (for a size Large jacket). To help distribute that weight, the jacket has a set of internal straps and a built-in kidney belt to help spread that weight out over your body evenly. (see the interior shot in the photo gallery). The pants are heavy duty as well, but not as radically different (or physically heavy) as the jacket. One of the suspender options wouldn’t be a bad idea to help support the weight.
Links to all the products in the Adventure Rally family along with suspender options and Gore-Tex rain suit for the Air jacket and pants are all listed at the bottom of each product page, so use those links to see the official feature lists and our sizing advice for each product. Photo sets are available for the non-air jacket and pants. :: Paul, 02-05-18