Cortech Apex Air TX Pants
- 600 denier Carbolex® shell with high flow mesh panels in the front and lower back leg for increased air circulation
- 1680 denier ballistic polyester knee panels for added protection
- Full-length zip-out waterproof liner
- Microfiber fleece inner waist liner for added comfort
- Phoslite® reflective fabric helps increase nighttime visibility
- 1680 denier ballistic polyester seat panel to minimize slipping
- Double-stitched construction
- Snap and hook closure complete with zippered fly
- Hook and loop adjustable waist belts for improved fit
- Accordion stretch panel in the rear waist increases range of motion
- Two-way stretch fabric in the crotch, outside leg, and upper knee for improved fit and flexibility
- Removable, CE-approved knee armor with three-position knee armor pockets and removable soft hip armor
- Two zippered top-entry hand pockets
- Extra-long side entry bottom zippers for easy on and easy off
- Equipped with 8” pant/jacket zipper attachment with the jacket side included
To choose a size, get a waist measurement with a tape and use the measurements to choose the size pant you need. Most people will find they’ve chosen the same size they usually wear in men’s clothing. The pants have some effective Velcro tabs on the waist you can use to snug the pants a bit… about two inches below the max, so that is why there is a range of 2” listed in the chart.
|Pant Size||Waist Range||Regular Inseam||Short||Tall|
Our Two Cents
The Cortech Apex Air TX pants are made for hot summer riding with or without wet weather. They’ll flow a lot of air through the mesh panels in the shell, and they include a full set of armor for hips and knees.
If you look at our photo gallery, you’ll see the parts of these pants that are mesh, and those are the ones that will let air pass through the pants directly to your body. Its the large panels on the thigh, above the knee and on the back of the calves. And then there are large stretch panels in the crotch and insides of the thighs. Those stretch panels will also allow air to flow… not as freely as the mesh, but they aren’t windproof either. So the sum of it is that these pants will flow a lot of air and so you’ll be comfortable in hot summer weather wearing these.
Also included is a removable rainproof liner which runs from just below the waist down to the ankle. The liner will keep out water in case you get caught in rain, but it also can double as a windproof liner to extend the comfortable temp range of the pants down into “cool” weather. Overall, I’d suggest these pants for about 2 seasons… hot summer of course and cooler days in the spring and fall.
Included with the pants is a 4pc set of armor… two Armadillo brand CE rated pieces for the knees and some foam pieces for the hips. The knee armor goes in pockets in the pant’s lining. The knee armor pockets have Velcro strips you can use to adjust the height of the armor in the pants so that it hits on your knee correctly when you sit on the bike (knee armor falls a bit when you stand so evaluate the fit when in the riding position). And for a bit more abrasion protection the pants have extra sturdy materials layered over the knees and in the seat of the pants. They feel quite sturdy overall.
The leg ends have zippers up the bottom of the knee. Those zippers will help you pull the pants on over boots. Since the pants don’t have the full length side zippers, I wouldn’t necessarily call these overpants, but I don’t see why you couldn’t wear them over lighter pants or shorts. In back of the waist, there is a short rear zipper to connect to Cortech or Tour Master pants and the zip even comes with the mating half so you could adapt these pants to any brand jacket. :: Paul, 12-28-17
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
I wear a size XL Short for the Cortech GX Sport Pant. Purchased the Cortech Apex Air TX pants to use as overpants on my commute - ordered a size XXL short which ended being too large. Of course, Motorcycle Gear has an easy exchange program and replaced the XXL short with an XL short. (Read more...)