Alpinestars Supertech S-M8 Triple Helmet
- Lightweight multi-composite combination shell: uni-directional carbon composite with an aramid layer
- Shell layers with an epoxy resin bonding for limited outer shell deflection so that the energy spreads wider and is better absorbed by the EPS liner *Four shell sizes
- Multi-density EPS polymer liner four section construction that allows for specific densities of polymer to be prepared for different zones around the helmet lining
- Patented A-Head fit system allows the M8 to be tuned exactly to the riders preference with a micro-adjustable pad that is connected to the inner shell
- Patented visor release system ensures the peak detaches from the helmet if subjected to a significant impact while maintaining shell integrity
- Base of the S-M8 has been sculpted for collarbone protection and includes an energy absorbing pad
- MIPS incorporated to reduce rotation motion energy with a low-friction slip layer between the comfort liner and the multi-density polymer energy absorption shell
- Emergency Release System cheek pads
- Designed to allow a helmet eject inflation system to be fitted into the inside crown of the shell (sold separately)
- Wide 26mm chin strap
- Visor designed to direct air flow along with intake and exhaust vents
- Hydration compatible
- Removable and washable Coolmax liner
- DOT and ECE certified
Below is a size chart provided by Alpinestars for this product.
|Helmet Size||Head Measurement (inches)||Head Measurement (cm)|
|XS||20.8 to 21.2||53 to 54|
|Small||21.6 to 22||55 to 56|
|Medium||22.4 to 22.8||57 to 58|
|Large||23.2 to 23.6||59 to 60|
|XL||24 to 24.4||61 to 62|
|XXL||24.8 to 25.2||63 to 64|
Need help choosing the right shape and size helmet for your own noggin?
Learn about the LidPicker!
Our Two Cents
At the outset of the MX helmet project, Alpinestars product philosophy was applied and a set of specific objectives set: Create the most advanced, protective and performance enhancing helmet possible. Primary objective: protection – to create the most high performance protection possible. Secondary objective: to give excellent ventilation, comfort and reduced weight.
Alpinestars approach to the creation of the advanced technology in the Supertech M8 draws on its depth of experience from over half a decade of world class innovation across the spectrum of motorsports and especially, its deep rooted commitment to motocross. As with all other categories of technology that Alpinestars has mastered, bringing a new, highly complex, product to fruition requires specialist experience and know-how and a project plan led by the best brains in protection development.
Hence Alpinestars Helmet Development Department was created and given the brief to research and develop the most protective and most comfortable possible motocross helmet. The goal was to allow riders to push the limits of performance, benefiting from confidence inspiring safety technology, reduced weight distribution to minimise muscular effort in the neck, shoulders and back and improved physiological and cognitive performance with a supremely well fitting and well ventilated construction, optimizing comfort while riding.
The design is coherent to Alpinestars philosophy and shares distinctive themes with other products in the portfolio; a smooth, attractive, profile which is streamlined and free of any external channels and features that might act as a load point in an impact, or compromise the overall integrity of the construction. The surface curvature promotes reduced friction on impact, allowing deflection and the most efficient transfer of energy to protect the rider’s head from direct force to the skull and referred to the neck and spinal column. The aperture is designed to accommodate a wide variety of goggles and the air vents in the shell are located to maximize ventilation efficiency.
The S-M8 shell has been profiled with performance as a priority and with a design style that identifies the profile of the helmet and its sculpted surface as uniquely ‘Alpinestars’.