Forma Pilot FX Boots
- Synthetic material upper
- Personalized MX compound double density rubber sole
- F.C.S. (Flex Control System) with anti-torsion and double rear stop
- Injection moulded plastic protections
- Personalized rubber heat gripper protector
- Adjustable velcro closure
- Replaceable/adjustable aluminium articulated “Evo Security Lock” buckles
- “Security Lock” strap holder
- Steel toe cap
- Padded inner lining
- Polyurethane nylon reinforcements
- Soft polymer padding with memory foam
- I.N.&F.S. (Incorporated Nylon & Fiberglass Shank) midsole
- Anti-bacterial replaceable footbed with A.P.S. (Air Pump System) and spare
- Eva Anti-shock inserts included
Read on for more details.
We tried on a selection of Forma boots here in the office and found the length to be about right. The width on the boots is a touch more wide than most other brands we carry. Alpinestars and TCX tend to be the most wide, but these might even be a touch wider. I’d say they are a D to E and might even work for somebody with a slightly wider foot (but don’t get carried away and think they are wide enough for a person needing a EEE or wider). So my advice would be to use the chart below to choose a size based upon your US shoe size.
Forma offers advice on choosing a size from your foot measurement. Here’s how:
1) Measure the overall length of your foot. Forma recommends placing your heel against a wall and measuring from the wall to the end of your longest toe.
2) Add 3/4” to the length of your foot
3) Using Forma’s sizing chart below, choose the smallest size boot with an insole measurement that is at least the length of your foot plus 3/4”.
Use Forma’s size selection method as a “second opinion”. Maybe you’ll find it reassuring if it matches your size choice based on street shoe size or, maybe it could be a tie breaker if you are undecided between two sizes. FWIW, Forma’s advice didn’t work for me since I have relatively short toes. I wear a 45 (known from trying on) and this method put me in a 42.
|Internal Insole Measurement|