6D ATB-1 Switch Helmet
Incorporating all of the benefits of ODS technology this is the most advanced full-face helmet available in the marketplace today. Each ATB-1 incorporates a state-of-the-art 3K carbon fiber shell mated to 6D’s exclusive dual-layered Omni-Directional Suspension EPS protective liner. This combination of materials and technology provides the best possible protection against angular acceleration and low-threshold energy transfer from crash impact. The ATB-1 is the gold-standard of Down Hill, Enduro, and BMX competition helmets and exceeds the ASTM F-1952-10, and CPSC 16 CFR1203 safety standards (US)Features:
- PATENTED ODS (Omni-Directional Suspension) Technology
- SHELL – Advanced aerospace 3K Carbon Fiber
- NEW VISOR – Improved durability and visibility.
- NEW PC HALO – Improves durability of inner EPS liner and overall performance
- AIR FLOW MANAGEMENT – 10 intake ports, 13 transfer ports, and * 4 aggressive exhaust ports
- REAR DELTA-VENT – Aids heat transfer by scavenging air.
- SUPERCOOL COMFORT LINER – Genuine CoolMax™anti-bacterial fabric
- EMERGENCY RELEASE CHEEK PADS
- SHEAR-AWAY VISOR SCREWS
- ROOST GUARD – Provides additional face protection
- CLAVICAL CUT-AWAY – Provides increased clavicle clearance without sacrificing strength
- STERNUM PAD – Provides added protection of the chin, jaw and sternum.
- EXCEEDS ASTM F-1952-10 and CPSC 16CRF 1203 Standards.
- WEIGHT: +/- 1,310 grams.
- 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
- CRASH REPLACEMENT / REBUILD PROGRAM
- Drawstring Helmet bag included
THE DYNAMICS OF 6D’S ODS ENERGY MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY:
- 6D’s patented Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) technology is a fully active, in-helmet suspension and kinetic energy management system. Engineered to uncouple the helmet’s exterior shell from the inner EPS liner, the system effectively mitigates energy transfer to the head and brain of the rider during any given accident or impact event.
- 2 separate EPS liners separated by an array of elastomeric isolation dampers
- 3-dimensional displacement of the inner liner upon impact
- Reduces linear and angular acceleration forces to the head and brain
- Superior performance for low, medium, and high-velocity impacts
- Increases ‘Time-to-Peak’ values by roughly double (lessens severity)
- Superior airflow, heat transfer, and sweat evaporation via air-gap between layers