FirstGear Contour Jacket For Women ~ Sale
- Waist Length Textile Jacket
- Specifically Designed to Fit and Function for Women Riders
- 600 Denier Polyester Outer Shell and a Waterproof / Breathable Membrane Insert
- 100% Polyester Mesh Moisture Wicking and Anti-Microbial Liner with Color-Coded Attachment Tabs
- Soft but Durable Rolled Neoprene Collar Edging
- Two Sleeve and Two Shoulder Intake Vents Protected by Waterproof Zippers
- Two Back Vents Protected by Waterproof Zippers
- One Internal Vertically Zippered Pocket
- Internal Phone Pocket and Map / Cargo Pocket
- Pre-Curved Sleeves for Comfort in the Riding Position
- Two Forearm Take-Ups
- Hook and Loop Waist Adjusters
- Built-In Zippered Stretch Expansion Gussets on the Side for Comfort in the Sitting Position
- Reflective Accents on Arms for Increased Visibility
- FirstGear’s Standard Conjunction Zipper with Pant Side Included
- Rear Armor Pocket is Shaped to Fit the Optional CE Level 1 or 2 Knox MICRO-LOCK Back Protector (sold separately)
- Removable CE Approved Level 1 Knox MICRO-LOCK Armor at the Shoulders and Elbows
- Five-Year Warranty
We tried jackets on our Fit Check mannequins and they fit very well in the sizes we chose using FirstGear’s chart. Based on the Fit Check results and other measurements we took, we recommend you use the FirstGear size chart to choose a size (see below). The waist belt on this jacket helps draw in the sides for a more custom fit. And drawing in the sides for a more trim fit improves the jacket’s overall looks.
Our Two Cents
FirstGear is now offering the Contour jacket and contour Air jackets for women introduced in 2019. The Contour is a solid textile model with a waterproof liner for cold to mild temps and/or wet weather and the Contour Air is a full mesh jacket with a removable rain liner for hot weather use.
The two jackets are a similar cut and style, so the main differentiation will be your expected climate conditions on the bike. Features that they share is Knox CE 1 armor inserts for the shoulders and elbows. The jackets are set up also for the addition of a back protector. As of this writing, FirstGear hasn’t yet released their own branded back pad, but we did some fitting and found the Olympia back protector to be a perfect fit and material, so we are recommending that back protector for these jackets (take the link below).
A couple features that are nice, and that are common to both styles: 1) soft padded ribbing around the collar edge to be comfortable against your skin; 2) reflective strips for night time visibility; 3) jacket to pant zippers in each style with mating halves of the zippers… mate to the FG pant. or you can use the mating zipper to adapt pants you already own 4) comfortable fit in either version for every day street riding, commuting or touring.
The solid textile Contour jacket is sold on this page. For the Contour Air, take the link below. the Contour jacket is a solid textile design which is fitted with a non-removable waterproof liner. It has a couple arm vents in the bicep area which when open, will channel some air up the arms in hot weather. Although this jacket is vented, I would expect it to get uncomfortable in hot summer weather, so I’d recommend this jacket for cold to mild temps, and of course wet conditions.
I really like the Contour series for its good fit and quality and feature list for an affordable price. If you have a male friend to ride with, check out the men’s version of this jacket, the Rush (or Rush Air). :: Paul, 04-29-19
FirstGear says: Designed specifically with female riders in mind, the Contour jacket has the ability to comfortably go the distance on any ride. With pre-curved sleeves and an expansion zipper lining the sides, this jacket ensures a comfortable ride no matter how often you change positions. Conveniently located phone, map and cargo pockets allow you to quickly find what you are looking for, so the adventure never has to stop for long. No matter where the road takes you, the Contour jacket offers protection for any scenario with a 600D outer shell, double-layer elbow panels and a rear armor pocket that fits a back protector. Let the ride take you into the night with reflective accents on the front, side and arms for increased visibility.