Alpinestars Stella T-SPS Waterproof Jacket for Women
- Anatomically profiled for a fully optimized female fit.
- Chassis constructed from hard wearing 600 Denier polyester with double polyurethane coating for additional protection.
- Level 1 Nucleon Flex Plus armor on shoulder and elbow (Nucleon chest Level 1 and Nucleon Level 1 and 2 back protectors available as an accessory upgrade).
- 600 Denier polyester internal reinforcement on shoulders and elbows for additional abrasion resistance.
- Hook and loop waist and cuff with YKK zip for a secure closure.
- Low profile collar construction with soft lining for enhanced rider comfort.
- Two front zippered pockets, inner waterproof document pocket and two inner pockets on the liner for safe and secure storage.
- Removable thermal liner allows the rider to adjust the jacket to the weather conditions.
- Upper side vents for optimal airflow.
- Reflective details.
- According to European statutory law the CE mark is a conformity requirement for the marketing of this product. The following standards apply to this product:
- CE Category II PPE Regulation (EU) 2016/425 – A class.
- CE Level 2 EN1621-2:2014 Alpinestars Nucleon back protector, available as an accessory upgrade.
- CE Level 1 EN1621-1:2012 Alpinestars Nucleon Flex Plus shoulder and elbow protectors.
Read on for more details.
Please use Alpinestars sizing chart for women to choose a size that best matches up with your measurements.
About sizing when accessory armor is used: We recommend adding 1” to your chest and waist measurements before size selection if you plan to add an optional back protector.
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars T-SPS Waterproof Jacket is a short waist sport style textile jacket for street riders. This jacket has an integrated waterproof liner to keep rain out and includes shoulder and elbow armor as standard. Back protection is available as an option (see links below). This jacket is made in both men’s and women’s sizes (take the link below to the men’s version).
This waterproof sport riding jacket is one of the most cost effective in Alpinestar’s lineup. It’s styling is classic Alpinestars with a short waist design and sporty logo front and back. This style will appeal to street and sport riders. The overall fit is more relaxed than many of Alpinestars more serious jackets which makes it more practical and comfortable for every day street use. A standard Alpinestars zipper connection is included in case you want to pair the jacket with textile pants to make an outfit.
The armor supplied with this jacket is a new Nucleon Flex Plus Level 1 armor in shoulders and elbows. Please visit our armor department where this armor is sold separately if you are interested in a more detailed description, but just briefly the armor is a very flexible and low profile design that sits flatter on the body and is less noticeable than traditional molded rubber armor. The jacket has a pocket for an optional back protector. I’ve listed the Nucleon type options below. You’ll find MANY details on the back protector product pages, but for this jacket, I’d recommend the Nucleon KR-CELLi model for its lighter weight.
This jacket is made waterproof with an inside liner than keeps water out. This type of waterproofing system is the simplest and lowest cost. Slightly more complex systems have an inside mesh liner and a waterproof liner situated between the inner comfort liner and the outer shell. Most costly types are designed with the waterproof layer bonded to the outer shell (not a separate layer), and often times they’ll be “name brand” systems such as Gore Tex. But the basic setup here works and makes for a very affordable jacket. Use in warmer weather is a weak spot with all fixed liner jacket. This jacket’s liner can’t be removed and the venting options are minimal. There are two front vents just under each arm and the air that passes through those has to pass through another “duct” built into the waterproof liner to reach your body. If you planned on this jacket working for you in hot weather, then look elsewhere. But in mild or colder weather, this one will shine. You have the solid shell, the waterproof liner and then there is also a full sleeve thermal liner included for really cold temps. So in mild weather you can take out that liner and be comfortable. So overall, I’d recommend this jacket for three seasons… winter, fall and spring. And of course any wet conditions you may encounter. :: Paul, 06-10-20
Alpinestars says: The T-SPS Waterproof jacket features an advanced poly-fabric main shell for high levels of tear and abrasion resistance. Featuring a waterproof membrane which is fully seam-taped, air vents and a removable thermal liner, the T-SPS Waterproof Jacket is ideal for a range of weather conditions. With class-leading Nucleon Flex Plus protection on the shoulder and elbow and the option to upgrade with Alpinestars Nucleon chest and back pro-tection, the T-SPS Waterproof Jacket is ideal for urban riding.