Alpinestars Stella Hyper Drystar Jacket For Women
A sport touring jacket designed and developed specifically for women for excellent levels of protection against the weather and plenty of comfort thanks to its waterproof and breathable DRYSTAR® membrane and removable thermal liner, the Stella Hyper DRYSTAR® Jacket features class-leading protective capabilities and the ability to upgrade with Alpinestars’ Nucleon CE certified chest and back protection.
- Clean styled jacket with a touring fit featuring a multi-panel, multi material construction featuring 450 denier poly-fabric main shell and 600 denier dobby reinforcement for optimized levels of durability and abrasion resistance.
- Fixed DRYSTAR® membrane with taped seams offers guaranteed waterproof performance while being breathable enough to prevent buildup of interior moisture to ensure stable microclimate. Membrane features stretch inserts which mirror the stretch zones of the outer garment for superior freedom of movement.
- Removable long sleeve thermal liner (100g on body, 80g on sleeves) for cold conditions with easy identification red zippers and snap-button closures to securely keep liner in position.
- Excellent fit afforded by innovative volume control adjustment system on chest, bicep and sleeves, which ensures tight, improved riding fit with highly reduced material bunching:
- Adjustment system ensures personalized fit to rider’s body and offers improved safety by keep protections close to body in the case of an impact or slide.
- Pre-curved sleeves and Hook and loop grip closure cuff adjustment ensures comfort fit and prevents sleeve riding up arm while riding.
- Newly developed shoulder protection features over-molded advanced TPU guard layered under the outer fabric for optimized levels of protection and comfort.
- Alpinestars race-derived, CE-approved internal elbow and shoulder protectors.
- Chest and back pad compartments with advanced poly-foam padding (CE certified Nucleon chest pads available as accessory upgrade) (Correction: foam padding provided only for the back compartment… chest compartments are empty).
- Strategically positioned four-way stretch inserts on inside arms, side torso and rear shoulder for freedom of movement and comfort fit.
- Multiple ventilation system features zippered vents and exhaust ports for effective internal cooling to ensure comfort on short or long rides.
- Extensive reflective detailing on arms and back for improved rider visibility.
- Full circumference waist connection zipper on the inside for attachment to Alpinestars riding pants.
Read on for more details.
Please use Alpinestars sizing chart for women to choose a size that best matches up with your measurements.
For reference, our studio photos were taken with a size Medium jacket on on our Fit Check mannequin Laverne.
Our Two Cents
The new Hyper Drystar Jacket is a great jacket for the every day street rider. Like all Alpinestars jackets, this one has the complete armor capability, so even an “entry level” jacket like this shares the capabilities of even their most expensive textile jacket products. This jacket jacket has bullet proof waterproofing capabilities and a great thermal liner for cold weather, and will be ideal for mild to cold weather use and in wet weather too.
The overall fit of this jacket, I’d characterize as “standard”... not super sporty, but not an over-sized adventure/off road style either. The waist is adjustable with side Velcro tabs. This jacket along with the matching pants would make a super, low cost, high quality riding outfit (see the link to the pants below).
I mentioned the useful temp range above; a bit more about that… this jacket is equipped with a fixed waterproof liner which is between the outer shell and inner lining. The fixed liner will very very effective to keep water out, and there are a couple shoulder zippers in front and a couple exhaust vents in back to admit a bit of air, but the venting doesn’t pass all the way through the liner to your skin like with some more elaborate designs. With the vents open, I think you can achieve comfort in milder weather, but not hot weather. But this jacket does come with a removable full thermal liner which feel nice and should give lots of warmth for colder weather.
In addition to all of the above, you also get some nice night time reflectives (see our photo gallery), two zip-close front pockets in front and a waterproof breast pocket just inside the main zipper (idea for your phone). It also has a two way main zipper so you can zip the main zipper up from the bottom to give a bit more room around the waist if the jacket wants to bunch up in front of your chest when in a more sport riding position There is also a full around zip to connect to Alpinestars pants. I also see some hard impact protectors built into the shoulders above the internal shoulder armor which looks sharp and add a bit of sturdiness. There is a lot of jacket here and one with a moderate price, but with the full compliment of protective capabilities that is unique to the Alpinestars line. :: Paul, 10-17-17
Armor upgrades: We have listed the options for upgrading the back protector and chest protectors below. The jacket comes with foam pieces installed in the chest and back protector pockets. The standard armor pieces have minimal thickness and are not rated, however it remains your option as to whether or not to upgrade them. We suggest you order the armor with the jacket and see what you think. If you are adding all the armor and chest protectors. expect the jacket to fit a little more snug. If you were between sizes in the size advice, and want to all armor, definitely choose the larger.