Alpinestars Iria Leggings For Women
- Anatomically profiled for a fully optimized female fit.
- Chassis constructed from premium cotton and polyester with elastane for rider comfort.
- Alpinestars Level 1 Bio Flex Plus armor on knee (Alpinestars Bio-Flex hip protector available as an assessor upgrade).
- Kevlar lining for high levels of abrasion resistance.
- Elasticated for an optimized fit and performance.
- Two cargo pockets with snap button closure for safe and secure storage.
- Reflective details.
- According to European statutory law the CE mark is a conformity requirement for the marketing of this product. The following standards apply to this product:
- CE Category II PPE Regulation (EU) 2016/425 – A class.
- CE Level 1 EN1621-1:2012 Alpinestars Bio-Flex Plus knee protectors (Alpinestars Bio-Flex hip protector available as an accessory upgrade).
Read on for more details.
Please use Alpinestars sizing chart for women to choose a size that best matches up with your measurements.
The cut of these pants is very slim, so when in doubt, choose the larger size.
Our Two Cents
Alpinestars Ira Leggings are new for 2020. These leggings are reinforced with Kevlar and come with knee armor. Matching hip armor can be bought separately.
Two years ago we reviewed the Banshee Leggings For Women and now two years later, this is a newer model of the same concept. The shell of these pants is a blend of polyester and elastane to give them a stretch characteristic. And to improve the crash-worthiness, the pants are FULLY lined with a Kevlar blend fabric. The construction is basically a the same as a premium riding jean, but just with a stretch material shell.
The two available pockets are located on the thighs with this one, which seems like a practical choice for a riding position so that you aren’t sitting on and/or mashing on your cargo when you are leaned forward as you might with a jean pocket arrangement. The two pockets are patch style with button closures. BTW, the two jean pockets in front are faux.
The knees are fitted with Alpinestars BioFlex armor which in my opinion is the very best type of armor for a form fitted pant like this since it low profile and completely flexible. If you want to add hip armor, there are fabric pockets fitted into the hip area. Take the link below to order the 2pc armor kit in size small.
If you roll up the cuff at the end of the pants, you’ll have reflective material showing for night time visibility. Two loops on the wide stretch waist band are included to attach to jackets that have mating loops. :: Paul, 06-01-20
Alpinestars says: Anatomically profile for a fully optimized female fit, the Iria Woman’s Leggings are constructed from premium cotton and polyester with elastane for a slim yet comfortable cut. Elasticated for a close, performance fit, the Iria Woman’s leggings are equipped with Bio Flex Plus armor on the knees for effective protection against impacts and two cargo pockets for real-world practicality, making them ideal for urban riding.