Klim Avalon Jacket For Women
- MASSIVE MESH COVERAGE
- HEAVY ABRASION AND TEAR-RESISTANT MIL-SPEC-DERIVED * KLIM KARBONITE™ NYLON MESH
- BUILT WITH KLIM® RHINO-STITCH™ CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY
- ABRASION ZONES AT ELBOWS, AND SHOULDERS: 840D HI-TENACITY 6.6 NYLON FOR OUTSTANDING ABRASION RESISTANCE AND DURABILITY
- UV-RESISTANT TREATMENT ON MAIN MESH MATERIAL
- FLEECE-LINED SOFT COLLAR
- ADJUSTABLE D3O® EVO XT LEVEL 1 ARMOR AT ELBOWS
- D3O® EVO LEVEL 1 SHOULDER PADS
- D3O® LEVEL 1 BACK PAD
- KLIMATEK™ COOLING STRETCH MESH IN ELBOW AND SHOULDER PAD POCKETS VISIBILITY
- 3M® SCOTCHLITE® REFLECTIVE ON UPPER/LOWER ARMS AND UPPER BACK
- REFLECTIVE POSITIONING DESIGNED FOR MAXIMUM BIOMOTION PERCEPTION FIT/COMFORT
- DESIGNED FOR WOMEN BY WOMEN
- ARTICULATED FIT
- HIP EXPANSION GUSSET
- SLIGHTLY LONGER BODY LENGTH
- STRETCH MATERIAL INSIDE ELBOWS
- TWO QUICK ADJUST FOREARM STRAPS
- BREATHABLE MOISTURE-WICKING INTERNAL
- MESH COMFORT LINER STORAGE
- ONE EXTERNAL UPPER CHEST POCKET
- TWO LOWER ZIPPERED HAND POCKETS
- 1 INNER CHEST POCKET
- 1 INSIDE FRONT POCKET
- ONE FOREARM EMERGENCY ID POCKET
- HYPALON® ZIPPER PULLERS
- YKK® ZIPPERS THROUGHOUT HI-VIS EN-471 YELLOW COLORWAY OPTION
- POLYESTER DYING IS HAS IMPROVED FADING RESISTANCE
- PROVIDES BETTER VISIBILITY IN LOW-LIGHT SITUATIONS
- COLORFAST POLYESTER MATERIAL IS DURABLE AND IMPROVED RESISTANCE TO UV FADING
- HI-VIZ COLORWAY INTEGRATES MAXIMUM REFLECTIVE AND STRATEGIC PLACEMENT OF HI VIS COLOR PANELS GARMENT * PASSES *CE CERTIFICATION A/AA/AAA”
Please have a look at Klim’s sizing chart below to choose a size. We measured a sampling of sizes in this jacket and found the chest, waist and hip sizes to match the chart pretty well. The hips have a couple vertical zippers you can open to get more room over the hips which is a nice feature.
We took some photos with the size Small jacket on our Fit Check mannequin Laverne so you can take a look at our photos see what that looks like. Laverne is a standard dress size 6/Small with a 35” chest, 26” waist and 36” hip.
|Jacket Size||Chest Range||Waist Range||Hip
Our Two Cents
The Klim Avalon jacket for women is just the thing for hot summer riding. The design allows tons of air flow through the shell and the materials are extremely strong to give excellent impact and abrasion protection in case of a fall.
The mesh material used in this jacket is Klim’s “Karbonite” material which is extremely tough feeling. Klim says the abrasion resistant properties are 7.5 times better than many other brand’s mesh materials. In feeling the material, I’d bet they are right. One of the down sides of a full mesh jacket has often been the lesser strength of mesh materials as compared to non-summer materials like leather or textile, but with this jacket you don’t have to compromise.
More stretchy material is used behind the shoulders, down the sides of the torso and in the crook of the arm, so even though the mesh material is substantial, you will still be able to move freely. Beefier textile is used over the shoulders and elbows in those two crash prone areas for better abrasion resistance,
And for impact protection this jacket is fitted with a full set of D3O armor… elbows, shoulders and back. The D3O in this jacket is a Klim exclusive. It is molded with more holes than the standard D3O and will vent better, which is welcome in a jacket made primarily for summer use (see our picture gallery). D3O is VERY comfortable to wear and is CE rated for impact protection. There is nothing else to buy.
There really isn’t anything better for enduring really hot temps than a full mesh style like this. The inside liner of this jacket is a nylon mesh which allows the income air to freely flow in and around your body. :: Paul, 03-26-19
Klim says: Engineered to keep women comfortable in the warmest riding environments while providing class-leading protection with proprietary KLIM® KARBONITE MESH™ Technology which yields a final highly-flexible mesh material that is up to 750% stronger than polyesters used by other brands.