Joe Rocket Cleo Elite Jacket
- Cooling FreeAir™ mesh shell torso, back and arms
- Two stage waterproof (full sleeve) and insulated zip out (vest) liner
- Externally accessible C.E. approved armor in shoulders and elbows
- Removable dual density spine pad
- 8-point Sure Fit™ adjustment system (adjustable sleeves & waist)
- 8” zipper for pant attachment
- INNOLITE® Ultra Reflective shoulders
- 360° reflective stripes & logos
- 2 hand pockets
- Inside micro-liner eyeglass pocket & clip for key storage
- Full Flex™ articulated back and hip expansion panels
- DYNAX™ reinforced at the upper back, ribs and forearms
- Tone on tone embroidered artwork
Joe Rocket jackets for women have a very consistent fit from one model to the next, so if you have any experience trying on one of their jackets, you’ll have a good idea of fit. For our usual Fit Check routine, we tried a Small jacket on Laverne and a Large jacket on Shirley and both fit very well. We recommend that you use Joe Rocket’s Size Chart to choose a size for you based upon your measurements.
Our Two Cents
This new Cleo “Elite” adds some extra climate control capability beyond what is offered in their other full mesh jackets like the Cleo 2.2 and the Velocity. But the main functionality is the full mesh shell, which will free flow air and is ideal for hot weather use.
The “elite” climate controls comes from a two stage liner setup. One liner is a waterproof/windproof barrier and the second layer is an insulated barrier. So depending upon the climate you are in, you can use one, both or neither. The waterproof barrier of course works in rain to keep you dry, but can also be used to block the air flow through the jacket on cool mornings or when traveling over mountain passes etc, where you can be comfortable with just blocking the direct flow of air to your skin. And when the temp sinks further, you can add the second layer to add some insulation too. That means, this jacket will give you comfort in a WIDE range of temps.
The cut of the jacket is flattering and there is a good color choice. And the waist adjusters and arm adjusters will help you get a custom fit.
The armor setup here is like all other women’s Joe Rocket jackets in the line… CE armor inserts in the shoulders and elbows and a removable spine pad. You’ll also notice solid textile overlays on the shoulders and elbows to add a bit more abrasion resistance in those areas that the full mesh fabric couldn’t provide.
A very nice jacket with a great climate control setup, and all with nice styling. And you can pair this jacket with the Cleo pants if you like too. :: Paul, 05-04-16