Alpinestars Gal Leather Jacket For Women
- Full grain leather main shell construction with natural finish for abrasion resistance, durability and a soft luxurious feel.
- Designed and optimized for a women’s slim fit.
- Zipper and snap sleeve cuff closure with adjustment to ensure a secure, personalized fit.
- Ergonomic collar for comfort and a leather tab with snap button closure for ease-of-use.
- Two zippered hand pockets for peace-of-mind closure.
- Pre-curved sleeve construction for comfort and movement in the riding position.
- Lower back adjustment with snap button security for a personalized fit while riding.
- Vertical quilting in the shoulder to offer improved comfort performance.
- Rivet metal logo detail on the right sleeve.
- Unique metal zip puller for easier opening and closure.
- Lower extended back for riding comfort and coverage.
- All interior detailing finished in perforated soft leather.
- Interior waterproof wallet/ document compartment pocket for peace-of-mind storage with two further large pockets in the lining for multi-purpose use.
- Loop waist connection allows attachment to Alpinestars Pro Denim pants.
- Level 1 CE-certified Bio Lite shoulder and elbow protectors.
- Fully CE-certified riding garment to CE – Category II prEN17092 draft standards – A class.
- Back protector compartment can be upgraded with Alpinestars CE-certified Nucleon back protector insert, available as an accessory upgrade.
- Flannel internal lining offers versatile weather protection in colder climates.
Read on for more details.
Please use Alpinestars sizing chart for women to choose a size that best matches up with your measurements.
For reference, our studio photos were taken with a size Large jacket on on our Fit Check mannequin Shirley. Shirley is a standard dress size 12.
About sizing when accessory armor is used: I’d recommend you add 1” to your bust and waist measurements when adding any of the back protector choices.
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars Gal Leather jacket for women is a new “retro” inspired jacket for 2019. If offers heavy leather construction with classic stitching. Armor is included for the shoulders and elbows and a removable thermal liner is included too. This jacket has a trim feminine cut.
Part of my review here will use snippets of the review of the men’s Crazy Eight jacket because the feature list and the styling a quite similar. The leather and styling of this jacket reminds me of premium jackets we sold a couple decades ago. The leather is thicker, but not as dense as you see with most sport and race jackets, so it is softer. The finish is “softer” and not as shiny either. After some break-in, this jacket ought to be very comfortable.
Considering the thicker leather and with no provisions for venting, this jacket won’t be your friend in hot summer weather. But for mild to cold weather use, it should be great. And to make it even better in cold weather, the jacket comes with an insulated fleece removable liner to add a layer of insulation. Wet weather? No way. The softer finish of this leather will likely soak up water and the results won’t be pretty, so don’t take this one out if you expect rain (not without a rain jacket on board anyway).
The overall tailoring in this jacket is pretty impressive. The quilting on the shoulders looks great because it is done over a layer of light padding. All the hardware is heavy duty and should last for years.
The armor included with the jacket is standard molded rubber CE 1 removable type. And there is a pocket to add a back protector. I’ve listed a few options at the bottom of this page to add a back protector. There is discussion on each of the back protector pages to help you choose the one for you. I’d recommend the lightest of the three, the KR-Celli unit. This jacket is pretty heavy already and you’ll want to minimize added weight. But if you want more protection you can choose one of the other two. :: Paul, 05-09-19
Alpinestars says: Featuring an optimized fit design that has been engineered especially for women, the slim fitting Gal is a stylish CE-certified full leather jacket that incorporates a flannel removable liner, making it ideal for riding in a variety of climates. Other neat touches include vertical quilted panel detailing for enhanced comfort and pre-curved sleeves for reduced rider fatigue.