Alpinestars Stella Tourer W-7 Drystar Gloves For Women
- Designed specifically for female hands.
- Warm winter and waterproof glove with Alpinestars Drystar® membrane technology for high levels of breathability.
- Long Touring styling cuff for extended coverage.
- Hard knuckle covered with leather for protection against repeated impacts.
- Mix of leather and softshell for comfort and durability.
- Reflective print to make the rider more visible to other road users.
- Thinsulate 150g top of hand and Thinsulate 100g palm for high levels of warmth.
- Thin cuff closure flap and webbing wrist closure for security and ease-of-use.
- Side reinforcements.
- Padded fingers.
- Thumb and palm reinforcement for a superior grip.
- Ergonomic stretch insert on palm, fingers and backhand for better flexibility
- Touchscreen compatible fingertips. WE DID NOT GET THESE TO WORK ON OUR PHONES
- CE certified (CAT II Level 1, KP).
Read on for more details.
The fit of Alpinestars gloves are very consistent from one model to the next. And overall, they fit a bit small as compared to other brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, etc. It’s not enough to recommend that you buy a larger size (especially if a snug fit is preferred) but it is noticeable enough to say that if you are sometimes between sizes, then you should probably choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
Stella Tourer W-7 Drystar gloves For women are a nicely styled, lightweight glove for cooler weather use. These gloves have knuckle protection and nighttime visibility.
Most of the shell of this glove is textile material, but the palm is leather which should give good wear characteristics. Also the cover over the molded knuckles in black leather also. The mix of materials makes the glove pretty lightweight and comfortable. The glove has the internal waterproof and breathable liner so they’ll keep water out and the glove has a longer cuff with a Velcro adjuster so you can wear the gloves either under your jacket sleeve or over depending upon your jacket style.
The protective features include some overlays of material and padding in the palm of the hand and an overlay on the side of the pinkie… both impact prone areas in a fall. And the glove has a molded protector over the knuckles that feels sturdy. For added security, the gloves have a Velcro-close strap at the wrist to make sure the gloves will stay on your hand in a fall.
Other nice features include touch sensitive pads on the fingertips so you can operate your devices with gloves on and large reflective strips on the cuff and ring finger for night time visibility. The interior is lined with a plushy liner. :: Paul, 04-17-19
Alpinestars says: The CE-certified Tourer W-7 Drystar® Glove has been specifically designed for women and is equipped with thermal insulation to keep hands warm when riding in colder climates. Boasting sturdy protection on the knuckles, it also has a touchscreen compatible fingertip for use with GPS systems and smartphones and a reflective insert to make the rider more visible to other road users.