Alpinestars Stella SP-1 V2 Gloves For Women
- Full leather construction with stretch fabric finger sidewalls for improved flexibility and mechanical performance
- Designed and developed for an optimized women’s fit
- Double wrist closure system with hook and loop grip closures
- Patented 3rd/4th finger bridge prevents excessive finger roll and separation during impacts
- Ergonomically shaped Alpinestars carbon knuckle guard
- Padding on fingers plus Arshield abrasive resistant inserts
- Side reinforcements in impact areas
- Accordion flex inserts on fingers, thumb and the back of the hand
- Reinforcements on thumb and palm for superior grip
- Ergonomic stretch insert on palm
- Touchscreen compatible fingertip
- CE certified CAT II Level 1
Read on for more details.
Like most Alpinestars gloves, these gloves ran a bit smaller than most glove brands we carry. They are not a lot small and most people can choose the size they normally wear in gloves (especially if a snug fit is preferred). If you are sometimes between sizes, then choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The SP-1 v2 glove for 2019 is slightly upgraded and is Alpinestar’s upper-end sport/street glove. It shares many features with Alpinestars track gloves, but with a bit less complexity and toned down external armor pieces to make it practical for every day use.
The basic ingredients are here for a good race/sport/street glove. The leather is mid-weight and comfortable and should provide good abrasion protection. The knuckles are protected with a molded armor piece. In the palm of the hand, this glove has a hard plastic slider which feels sturdy.
As with many of the Alpinestars sport gloves, this one has a hard plastic “slider” in the palm area and has extra reinforcement on the side of the pinkie. The third and fourth fingers are tied together as well to help protect that pinkie from injury.
The glove will stay on your hand in case of a fall because it has a Velcro close strap at the wrist (a must for any sport glove). The gauntlet is adjustable with Velcro as well.
I like how this glove is flexible and could be folded away in a pocket or small storage compartment easily. It doesn’t have the larger molded protectors found on the race gloves which makes this possible. Another thing I like with this glove is the fully lined interior. It makes the glove comfortable right out of the package. This glove is available in both men’s and women’s sizes/color. Take the link below to view the other gender. :: Paul, 04-03-19
Alpinestars says: The Alpinestars SP-1 v2 Gloves for women uses accordion stretch panels and stretch fabric along the fingers for comfort and freedom of movement when gripping your controls. A secure hook and loop wrist closure keeps the glove firmly anchored to your hand. Alpinestars continues to use full leather construction, hard knuckle protection and their patented finger bridge to maintain the SP-1 V2 level of protection. The Alpinestars Stella SP-1 V2 Gloves straddle the line between track and street gloves, perfect for the rider looking for track style protection in a comfortable everyday glove.