Tour Master Response WP 3.0 Boots For Women
- Water-repellant and wear-resistant nubuck leather and PU upper
- HiPora® 3-layer waterproof, breathable membrane
- 100% Polyester lining and breathable open cell foam for increased comfort
- Anti-twist, unbreakable molded nylon midsole
- Oil and petrol-resistant vulcanized rubber single density compound outsole
- Dual high-density foam ankle guards for added protection and comfort
- TecnoGI thermoplastic heel cup and toe cap
- Lace-up with hook and loop closure system
- Reflective heel insert for added visibility
- Triple-density, pre-molded, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal fast drying insole
- Leather shifter guard
Check out these similar products:
Our fit check process involves trying real products on our size check mannequins. We’re in the process of doing that and will report here as soon as we’re done.
Our Two Cents
The Response 3.0 boots from Tour Master will work great for everyday street use. The boots are styled much like a short hiking boot, military style, or even patrol boot. A simple style like this with a comfortable sole would work great for people who would want to wear the boots off the bike too… a handy thing for commuters or tourers since they wouldn’t need to think about packing additional boots or shoes.
The upper on this boot is made of a matte black microfiber material (man made leather) which seems to be the accepted material for boots. It resists abrasion better than leather and should be more resistant to damage by water. Tour Master says its a “nubuck leather”, but I don’t think so. Anyway, they have a nice look which will work for most riders. You’ll notice some perforations on the sides. Those are to enhance transfer of moisture through the waterproof barrier and out of the boot. Having a waterproof liner means that those perforations couldn’t pass air directly to your foot. So even though its not direct vented, this is a shorter boot style, so it will probably be fine for cool, all the way to hot weather.
The boots have a removable foot bed which is comfy, and since it comes out, you’d be free to use your own foot bed instead if you like. A lace boot like this allows the rider to snug the boot to fit well where the side zip boots (found on about 80% of styles) do not allow for adjustment. This means the chances of getting a good fit is much greater. Check our photo gallery for overall height. Speaking of laces, the top of the boot has a Velcro strap so you can cover the ends of your laces and decrease the chances of tangling them on something on the bike.
The boots have a waterproof lining, but make sure your rain suit or pants are plenty long or rain will come in the tops of a short boot like this. Overall, I think this boot is a great value. :: Paul, 09-25-18
Photos: We have a full set of close-up photo of the men’s boot which is identical to the ladies, so take the link below to see the gallery.