Tour Master Trailhead Enduro Jacket
- Abrasion-resistant 600D polyester shell with DWR coating.
- 1680D Ballistic poly reinforced shoulders, elbows, and forearms.
- Easy-to-use zip-off sleeve design quickly converts jacket into riding vest.
- Lightweight Reissa breathable, waterproof sewn-in liner.
- Built-in hydration pocket, with bladder suspension system and sip-tube holder (water bladder not included), sized to fit most aftermarket bladders up to 3L.
- MOLLE webbing allows the rider to attach additional items as needed.
- Vents include upper arms, chest, and torso intake, plus oversized back exhaust vents.
- Sliding arm take-up straps and waist belts allow the rider to fine-tune the fit.
- Exterior storage includes 2 waterproof zippered front pockets, cargo pockets, and a rear oversized pouch perfect for storing sleeves when worn as a vest.
- Reflective accents on chest, arms, and back.
- Comfort features included SBS waterproof two-way front zipper, microfiber-lined collar and cuffs, snap-lock zippered cuffs with mesh gussets, hook and Zip-Off Sleeve Hydration Pocket loop cuff adjustment strap, and TPU carabiner.
- Internal mobile device and storage pockets.
- Rear zippered expansion panels with mesh gussets.
- Genuine SBS waterproof zippers and TPR zipper garages.
- Shell does not include armor (Fits true to size. If wearing aftermarket body armor, we suggest sizing up depending on the thickness of protectors).
This is an Enduro jacket designed to be worn over traditional off-road protective equipment. It is oversized through the chest by about one full size in order to accommodate your gear underneath. Example: Tour Master street jackets typically measure about 45” in the chest for a size XL, but in this jacket, the size XL measures 47”-48” in the chest. The overall cut is pretty much “straight up and down” the torso, so the max belly area is also about 47”. Waist adjustment straps are provided across the midsection so you can tailor the fit. Assuming you’ll be wearing protective gear underneath, we recommend you choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing. If you don’t plan on gear underneath, then choose one size smaller.
Our Two Cents
The TourMaster Trailhead Enduro Jacket is part of Tour Master’s new “Horizon Line” made for off-road and adventure riders. This jacket features a tough nylon shell with a built-in waterproof lining, and storage for your hydration equipment. Sleeves are zip off.
As I mentioned in the sizing advice, this jacket is a slightly oversized nylon shell jacket designed to be worn over your own protective equipment for off-road riding, so you won’t find traditional removable armor pieces here. The jacket shell has a few key features found in most enduro jackets. The jacket’s shell is made waterproof with an internal non-removable liner so you can deal with wet weather conditions. The jacket has some zip vents, but the waterproof liner is situated behind the vents, so air flow doesn’t make its way completely through the jacket. Higher-end waterproof shells will have waterproof zippers that do allow direct flow, and while the zip vents will help cooling in side down some, I’d advise you to consider this jacket for milder temps and of course wet weather. In hot summer temps it will become warm. The sleeves of this jacket are removable though, so in warmer weather, you can choose to ditch the sleeves. On the back of the jacket is a specially designed large pocket to hold your hydration bladder. Tour Master says: ”... bladder suspension system and sip-tube holder (water bladder not included), sized to fit most aftermarket bladders up to 3L”.
You’ll find plenty of pockets here, some of them waterproof, to store your stuff. On the back is a large fanny pouch which can be used to store your sleeves when you choose to remove those. :: Paul, 05-21-21