Klim Traverse Jacket (S-L Only)
- GORE-TEX® 2-LAYER PERFORMANCE SHELL TECHNOLOGY
- GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY®
- PASSES GORE-TEX® ON-ROAD MOTORCYCLE TEST (REMAINS WATERPROOF AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS)
- MAIN BODY DURABLE NYLON 66 SHELL
- 500D CORDURA® REINFORCEMENTS ON SHOULDER AND TOP OF THE ARM
- TWO-WAY HEAVY-DUTY YKK® CENTER-FRONT ZIPPER COVERED BY EXTERNAL STORM FLAPS
- TWO ADJUSTABLE FORWARD-FACING CHEST VENTS
- TWO ADJUSTABLE SLANTED BACK VENTS
- TWO ADJUSTABLE FOREARM VENTS
- ADJUSTABLE VELCRO CUFFS
- 2 ZIPPERED HAND POCKETS
- 1 INTERNAL ZIPPERED CHEST POCKET
- SHOULDER, ELBOW AND BACK PAD POCKETS COMPATIBLE WITH D30® T5 LEVEL 1 & LEVEL 2 SHOULDER, ELBOW AND BACK PADS (NOT INCLUDED)
- CHEST PROTECTOR AND ELBOW GUARD COMPATIBLE
- TONAL REFLECTIVE MATERIAL
- MOISTURE-WICKING MESH LINER
- ARTICULATED SLEEVE PROFILE FOR COMFORTABLE RIDER POSITIONING
- GLOVE-FRIENDLY ZIPPER PULLS
- ADJUSTABLE COLLAR
- ADJUSTABLE BOTTOM HEM
- SOFT MICRO-FLEECE-LINED COLLAR
The chest sizes listed in the chart below are from Klim’s chart and I’ve double checked the actual jackets against the chart and it is accurate. But be careful… while the size Large is exactly what you’d expect with a 44” max chest, the smaller sizes are a bit smaller than normal and the bigger sizes are bigger than normal. For example, a men’s size Medium usually is styled with a 42” max chest and Klim’s medium is a 40” max chest. Same goes for larger sizes… an XXL is typically a 48” max chest, but Klim’s is a 52” max chest.
Given the variation from “normal” for smaller and larger sizes, I’d highly recommend you measure yourself and/or measure a jacket that fits you well (take the link below on how to do that). Then choose a jacket that is big enough for your chest. This jacket is sold without a removable liner, so if you anticipate wearing a thermal garment underneath, take your measurement over those undergarments. Belly sizes are generous, but if you have a belly, you’ll want to make sure the jacket size you choose will accommodate your belly sizes as well.
Overall sleeve and torso lengths are generous and will work for most average height or taller riders. Those of shorter stature may find the sleeve and torso lengths to be longer than ideal.
|Jacket Size||Max Chest||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
The Klim Traverse jacket is the most simple version of a high quality Gore-Tex shell they offer. This jacket is sometimes called an “adventure shell”. It is oversized a bit in the shoulders and elbows to fit over your own armor. Or, you can add D3O level 1 or 2 armor in the shoulders and elbows. With the added armor, this jacket becomes much like other Klim jackets built for the street.
The shell of this jacket is a heavy duty textile material with the bonded Gore-Tex material, so it really is the ultimate in waterproof and breathable you can find with motorcycle apparel. For colder weather, you can provide your own undergarments for the warmth you need. It will also work with Klim’s add-on thermal jacket, the Inferno (see below). But this jacket also has some pretty extensive venting to extend its range into warmer weather. There are sleeve end vents, BIG front torso vents and rear zip vents too. And this jacket pairs perfectly with the Traverse pants (see link below) to make a full adventure/off-road suit.
The Traverse jacket and pants are really unique to our product lineup being a “shell” jacket and pants for use with your own armor and undergarments. :: Paul, 04-27-17