Klim Latitude Jacket - 2018
With each essential element refined, the ideal touring companion is here. Mastering protection, ventilation, and adjustability, the Latitude is your trusted companion on your next odyssey.EXTERIOR FEATURES
- GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY®
- GORE-TEX® 2-LAYER PERFORMANCE SHELL EXTERIOR IN MAIN BODY
- GORE-TEX® 2-LAYER NEXT GENERATION 840D CORDURA® LAMINATE IN HIGH ABRASION ZONES
- LONG DISTANCE ERGONOMICS
- 3M SCOTCHLITE™ REFLECTIVE MATERIALS FOR INCREASED LOW-LIGHT VISIBILITY
- GOAT LEATHER TRIM ON ELBOWS AND FOREARMS
- GOAT LEATHER TRIM AND DETAIL SHOULDERS, UPPER BACK, CENTER FRONT
- D3O® T5 EVO XT ELBOW AND SHOULDER
- D3O® VIPER STEALTH BACK PAD
- D3O® MEETS AND/OR EXCEEDS LEVEL 1 LIMB PROTECTOR CE CERTIFICATION [PREN1621-1:2011])
- ADJUSTABLE PAD POCKETS
- KLIMATEK™ COOLING STRETCH MESH IN ELBOW AND SHOULDER PAD POCKETS
- DIRECT AIRFLOW INTO PAD POCKETS BACKED BY COOLING FABRIC
- 2 ARM AND 2 CHEST INTAKES
- NEW 2 BACK VERTICAL EXHAUST OFFSET TO ENHANCE VENTILATION
- COLLAR TAB BACK FEATURE ALLOWS IMPROVED VENTILATION AND USABILITY
- IMPROVED WATERPROOFING IN VENTING LOCATIONS
- POLYESTER DYING IS HAS IMPROVED FADING RESISTANCE
- PROVIDES BETTER VISIBILITY IN LOW-LIGHT SITUATIONS
- COLORFAST POLYESTER MATERIAL IS DURABLE AND IMPROVED RESISTANCE TO UV FADING
- HI-VIZ COLORWAY INTEGRATES MAXIMUM REFLECTIVE AND STRATEGIC PLACEMENT OF HI VIS COLOR PANELS
- 5 EXTERNAL POCKETS [2 LONG CHEST “MAP” POCKETS, 2 FRONT HAND POCKETS, 1 SLEEVE I.D. POCKET WITH HIDDEN CHEST POCKET]
- 4 ZIPPERED INTERNAL POCKETS
- 1 SECRET INTERNAL POCKET HIDDEN DOCUMENT POCKET BEHIND BACK PAD
- COLLAR CAN HOOK BACK TO ALLOW FOR MORE VENTILATION IMPROVED USABILITY OF ENTIRE COLLAR TAB BACK FEATURE
- MESH COMFORT LINER WITH NEW ANTI-ODOR
- JACKET-TO-PANT ZIPPER INTEGRATION SYSTEM
- ZIPPERED WAIST/HIP EXPANSION PANEL
- ADJUSTABLE WAIST CINCH STRAPS
- 2 SLEEVE ADJUSTMENT STRAPS KEEPS ARMOR IN PLACE AND OPENS VENT
- LINED COMFORT COLLAR
- VELCRO® BRAND FASTENER ADJUSTABLE WRIST CLOSURES
- STANDARDIZED JACKET-TO-PANT ZIPPER INTEGRATION SYSTEM
- BOTTOM HEM ADJUSTMENT
- HYPALON HEADPHONE ACCESS PORT
- CUSTOM HYPALON ZIPPER PULLERS
- ADJUSTABLE COLLAR CINCH
The chest sizes listed in the chart below are from Klim’s chart and I’ve double checked the actual jackets against the chart and it is accurate. But be careful… while the size Large is exactly what you’d expect with a 44” max chest, the smaller sizes are a bit smaller than normal and the bigger sizes are bigger than normal. For example, a men’s size Medium usually is styled with a 42” max chest and Klim’s medium is a 40” max chest. Same goes for larger sizes… an XXL is typically a 48” max chest, but Klim’s is a 52” max chest.
Given the variation from “normal” for smaller and larger sizes, I’d highly recommend you measure yourself and/or measure a jacket that fits you well (take the link below on how to do that). Then choose a jacket that is big enough for your chest.
Being a classic “3/4” style jacket, this jacket doesn’t taper much from chest to waist, but there are large adjustments on either side of the torso to take up extra room. This will allow you to layer underneath and still get a good fit. The max belly for each size is listed below. Just make sure the jacket size you choose is big enough for both your chest and belly.
Overall sleeve and torso lengths are generous and will work for most average height or taller riders. Those of shorter stature may find the sleeve and torso lengths to be longer than ideal.
|Jacket Size||Max Chest||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
The new 2018 Latitude jaccket is here and it look sharp. The Lattitude model is Klims “go to” jacket for touring and commuting. Its a bit more tailored than many of their adventure riding jackets… it fits a bit closer to your body and there are provisions to snug down the torso and sleeves to work well at higher highway speeds.TOP 3 BENEFITS
- PERFECT BALANCE OF TOURING FUNCTION AND FEATURES
- STAY DRY AND COMFORTABLE ALL DAY, EVERY DAY
- REFINED FOR TOURING PERFORMANCE
Like many of the other Klim products, this one has the bonded Gore-Tex shell. Its waterproof and breathable… even more so than other Gore-Tex products that are built with a abrasion resistant shell material and a separate liner. Klim’s design is a shell material where the Gore-Tex layer is bonded meaning fused into one material layer. It performs better and since the it is one fused layer of material, water will not penetrate through the outer layer like with separate layer design which means your shell material won’t be waterlogged in heavy rain. All the outer pockets and vents have waterproof zippers, so when they are closed, they are sealed.
The zip vents (of which there are numerous) are all “direct vent” meaning when the zips are open, air flows right through to your body (another advantage of the bonded Gore-Tex construction). The two sleeve end vents should work very well and are something new for this version. When open, they face the oncoming wind blast and even have a flap that will add to the “scoop” effect. Also, the adjuster strap will hold the sleeve vent open which will improve the flow even more.
Another new improvement with this jacket is the leather trim. I really like how it looks and leather will improve the abrasion resistance on the elbows of the jacket (shoulders are reinforced with heavier textile). If you look closely, there is even a little bit of leather piping along side the main zipper flap and along the back below the collar. That detail adds a bit of class to the looks.
Like most other touring jacket of the 3/4 length style like this, there are PLENTY of pockets. Have a look at our photo gallery to see them all. A couple you won’t see… hidden pockets; one behind the back protector inside which would be perfect for your ID papers if riding away from your home locale, and there is a second one hidden in the lining of the small sleeve end pocket on the left sleeve that would be about right for an extra form of payment.
This jacket, like most other Klim jackets, is fully fitted with D3O armor in the shoulders, elbows and back. The D3O is their standard. We’ve had a lot of experience with this armor and have nothing but good things to say about comfort etc. It is a product that is fully tested and rated to CE standards.
One last detail I’ll mention…. the neck opening has little loops that will engage the molded plastic hooks you see on the front near your collarbone. Hook the loops to hold the collar tips back. This will get the collar out of your way when it is not raining and also gives you another point of air flow entry when its hot. This is a nice feature!
You’ll be able to see all these features in our photo gallery which also includes shots of the reflectives on the jacket. You should be very visible! I really do like this new version of the Latitude jacket. It has to be one of the best jacket we offer in this segment. Of course there are more robust models from Klim like the Badlands or Adventure Rally, but most riders will find this Latitude to be exceptional and relatively affordable. :: Paul, 02-07-18