Alpinestars Valparaiso 2 Drystar Jacket
An excellent multi-material adventure touring jacket that, when matched with the Valparaiso Pants, makes for a formidable all-weather riding ensemble with its waterproof and breathable DRYSTAR® membrane plus thermal liner.CONSTRUCTION
- Multi-material main shell construction for durability, with abrasion and tear-resistant panels in critical impact areas.
- Removable sleeves for riding in hot climates.
- Removable and interchangeable waterproof and breathable DRYSTAR® liner with taped seams to ensure waterproof performance.
- Removable long sleeve thermal liner means jacket can be worn in colder climates.
- Jet Ventilation System (JVS) features large zippered air vents with open mesh gussets on torso and back, plus twoway zip vents on arms for cooling performance on long rides.
- Removable CE-certified Bio-Armor shoulder and elbow protection for superb impact protection.
- Chest and back pad compartments with PE padding (Alpinestars’ Nucleon chest and back protectors available as accessory upgrade).
- Anatomical, pre-curved sleeve design incorporates Velcro® volume control adjustment straps for improved comfort, fine-tune adjustment of garment and to help keep elbow protections in place.
- Increased reflective detailing and logos for increased rider visibility.
- Collar construction incorporates comfort lining and features Velcro® and magnet closure system.
- Collar includes expansion gusset for increased neck coverage.
- Accordion stretch inserts on elbows for improved fit while riding, plus waist adjustment belt for customized fit and secure closure.
- Elongated rear profiling for comfort and protection in the riding position.
- Pre-curved, articulated sleeves with gusseted Velcro cuffs enhance fit and comfort in the riding position.
- Highly water resistant external storage provided by waterproof zips and an internal waterproof wallet pocket.
- Convenient storage options with two front cargo style pockets and large rear utility pocket.
- Premium YKK zippers with twin sliders on front zipper, plus waist connection zipper for secure attachment to Alpinestars riding pants.
I found this style jacket to fit a bit snug across the chest and shoulders as compared to most of the other Alpinestars jackets we’ve checked this season. I’m estimating the fit is about 1/2 size smaller than most other Alpinestars jackets. It feels like the cut has a bit more of a narrow shoulder than the other styles. If you have an average build with narrow shoulders, then You’ll like how this jacket fits. If you have a beefy build wide shoulders, I don’t think you’ll like this one.
To find a fit, I’d suggest you measure your chest and belly and make a selection from the chart below. Choose a jacket that is big enough for both your chest and belly. For most, you’ll probably fit in the same size you normally wear in men’s clothing, but some may find they need to choose one size larger.
Note: If you plan to add back or chest armor you’ll need to add to your measurements before selecting a size from the chart. Add 1” to your chest and belly measurements to add a back protector. Add an additional 1” to your chest measurement if you plan to add the chest protector kit.
|Jacket Size||Max Chest||Max Belly|