Alpinestars Andes Honda V2 Drystar Jacket
- Advanced reinforced Polyfabric textile and Drystar® waterproof and breathable construction.
- Newly developed direct ventilation system (DVS) zippered chest air intakes and back exhaust ports.
- Internal impact protection provided by removable CE-certified elbow and shoulder protectors.
- Chest pad and back compartments can accommodate the Nucleon chest and back inserts (available as an accessory upgrade).
- Reinforced polymer-printed texturing in critical elbow and lower arm areas for abrasion resistance.
- Upper chest zippered hand pocket works in tandem with ventilation opening to ensure personalized levels of airflow.
- Front waterproof cargo pockets for convenience and peace-of-mind closure.
- Large, external utility pocket on lower back plus waterproof internal pockets and insert wallet pocket.
- Integrated soft edge collar and 3D mesh construction for comfort over long distances.
- Premium YKK zipper with double sliders for an adaptable and secure closure.
- Removable long-sleeve thermal liner (100g body 80g sleeves) ensures comfort on hot or cold days.
- Pre-contoured sleeves with accordion stretch panels on elbows.
- Hook and loop waist adjustment belt for highly customizable fit.
- External zippered pockets for safe peace-of-mind storage.
- Reflective detailing.
Read on for more details.
These jackets are sold in US based “alpha” sizes, so selecting a size is basically pretty easy. The size Medium and XL jackets fit Huey and Dewey, our Fit Check mannequins very nicely! Also, we checked several sizes with a tape. We found the sizing to be comparable to standard men’s clothing sizes. So our primary advice would be to choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing.
Alpinestars publishes a super-complicated size chart which can be used to pick a size based upon your chest and waist. We’ve condensed their chart down to make it easy to read (see below). You can use this size chart to check your own measurements against the size chart to make sure the size you select will work. Choose a size that is big enough for both your chest and belly.
The max waist of a jacket style like this is only a couple inches smaller than the max chest, so the style is very forgiving in case you have a bit of a belly, but don’t be concerned if your belly is smaller than the size listed below because this jacket has some very effective side waist adjustment straps.
|Jacket Size||Chest Range||Waist/Belly Range|
|Small||37.5 to 39||37|
|Medium||40 to 41.5||39.5|
|Large||42 to 43.5||41.5|
|XL||44.5 to 46||44|
|XXL||47 to 49||47|
|XXXL||49 to 51||49|
|XXXXL||51.5 to 53||51|
Sizing information provided by Alpinestars