REVIT Glide Vintage Jacket (50 Or 56 Only)
- safety seams: The stitching in motorcycle garments contributes greatly to the abrasion resistance of the total gear. This is why REV’IT! uses safety seams on garment areas at increased risk of impact. Safety seams have a visible as well as an invisible seam. This construction keeps the material of the outer shell together, even when the visible seam is thorn.
- TPU protection at shoulder: SEESMART™ CE-level 1 protection at shoulder and elbow; SEESMART™ protectors offer the highest level of flexibility while still passing the EN1621-1:2012 CE-Level 1 impact tests, in both normal and hot (T+) conditions.
- prepared for SEESOFT™ CE-level 2 back protector insert – Type RV: The back protector pocket in this REV’IT! garment is tailor-made to accommodate the SEESOFT™ CE-level 2 back protector insert Type RV – an easy upgrade to maximize safety
- buffalo leather: Buffalo is a type of leather that distinguishes itself from cowhide with a more rugged appearance. The finish provides a classical look, allowing it to age beautifully.
- jeans loop: The loop at the back of this jacket enables you to attach it to your jeans, which prevents the jacket from creeping up: no more exposed back when riding your bike.
- short connection zipper
- stretch panels: The stretch panels in this garment aid in flexibility. They contribute to the riders comfort as they provide great freedom of movement.
- city fit, regular
Please Note: We can ship REV’IT! products to US, US territory or APO/FPO addresses only (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
We brought in samples of these jackets and measured them and also tried them on our Fit Check mannequins Huey and Dewey. We put a 52 on Huey and a 56 on Dewey (typically they’d wear a 42/Med and 46/XL US size), and the sizes we chose give a snug/sport fit. Both look and fit great (click the “View Larger Images” link above to see).
To help you choose a size based upon your chest and belly measurements, I’ve included the size chart below. It is based upon REVIT’s standard size chart and we think it is just about right. Also, we’ve included a waist/belly measurement. If you have a larger belly, you’ll want to make sure you are buying a jacket that is large enough to accommodate you. If your belly is smaller than the max size indicated in the chart for the chest size you choose, just use the adjustment straps to customize the fit with no problem. A jacket like this looks great with the waist adjusters in a bit.
Note: If you plan to add a back protector add 1” to both your chest and belly measurements before using the chart. If you plan to add chest armor, add an additional 1 inch to your chest.
|Jacket Size||Max Chest||Our Estimate
of Max Belly/Waist
Our Two Cents
The Glide Vintage jacket by REVIT is added as a new “version” of the Glide jacket. Where the regular Glide jacket is a heavy duty sport/race style, this Vintage version is lighter weight buffalo with street reading CE level 1 armor for practical every day use.
I’ve always loved the looks of a shiny black leather jacket like this one. Years ago we stocked Vanson jackets and this model reminds me of some of their Sport Rider styles. The buffalo leather isn’t as thick as race-weight cowhide and it is much more flexible, so I think you’ll enjoy using this jacket on a daily basis without it become a burden. And even though it retains a very sporty look, the smooth finish leather with suede accents has a more dressy appearance making it more suitable to be worn in public.
It may just be the lighter weight leather, but it feels like this jacket has a bit more forgiving of a fit. There are extensive stretch panels built into the sleeves and on the back behind the shoulders and down the sides of the torso. Those panels will let the jacket be flexible enough to move and be comfortable. Those fabric panels also serve a dual purpose to allow air to flow through. It’s not like a mesh, but this jacket ought to be far more comfortable in hot weather than a full leather jacket. For cooler weather use, the jacket comes with a vest type thermal liner. You can remove that vest in the summer, but in the winter you can use it to add just a bit of insulation. The best weather conditions for this jacket will be cool to warm (but not cold or hot), so I’d say about 2 to 3 seasons.
Armor inserts are included for the shoulders and elbows as standard. It’s REVIT’s SeeSmart CE Level 1 armor which is light and flexible. The back protector is optional. The jacket is equipped with a pocket to accept a Seesoft CE Level 2 Back Protector Insert type RV (RV refers to the shape). For sizes Small or Medium, choose size 4; for Large thru XXL, choose size 5 and for XXXL and larger choose size 6. Take the link below to order the back protector unit.
In the inside tail of the jacket is a short rear zipper to connect to REVIT riding pants. Many people will opt to wear this jacket with riding jeans or just their own jeans and also near the rear connection zipper is a couple of snap-close loops you can use to connect the jacket to your belt or loops on your jeans. A more robust alternative to connection the jacket to jeans is REVIT’s Safeway belt (take the link below). It’s a neat alternative that is more secure.
This new Glide Vintage really looks nice and has a full armor package, but in a “weight” that suits your needs for daily use. :: 11-09-20 Paul
REVIT says: Once the REV’IT! Glide (Sport segment) jacket was created, the floodgates opened to go one-up on the crossover between racing style and urban practicality. Meet the Glide Vintage; clearly sharing its roots with our Glide jacket but in a toned-down, black or brown appearance. Living up to its urban vibe and inspired silhouette, the Glide Vintage comes standard with our CE-rated SEESMART™ protectors at the shoulders and elbows. It can also be easily upgraded by installing our SEESOFT™ CE-level 2 back protector. Thanks to a detachable and sleeveless thermal liner, we’ve made sure everyone looking to make the most of owning a Glide Vintage jacket can start early. Literally! We know that mornings can be chilly, even in the summer, so we’ve included this feature to make the most of any ride. The incorporated connection zipper at the lower back allows the jacket to be zipped onto virtually any REV’IT! trousers, including our riding jeans when making use of the REV’IT! Safeway 2 belt.