Cortech Chicane Leather Jacket
- Sport-fit with rotated sleeves and pre-curved arms.
- Constructed using 1.2-1.3mm drum-dyed genuine buffalo leather.
- Perforated leather panels on the chest and back offer ample airflow.
- Heavy-duty 4-way stretch panels on elbows, inner arms, and shoulders increase mobility.
- Zip-out thermal vest liner.
- Reflective screen print on the chest, upper and lower arms as well as on the back.
- 2-Way center front YKK® main closure.
- CE Level-1 shoulder and elbow armor.
- Removable EVA foam back pad (Fits SAFE-TECH 851 size L back pad).
- Hook and loop waist and cuff adjustment straps
- Soft microfiber collar and cuff.
- Zippered hand pockets with internal storage pockets.
- Includes 8” Jacket-to-pant zippered attachments with both sides included.
- Genuine YKK® zippers.
Read on for more details.
We checked the sizing of this style with our Fit Check mannequins Huey and Dewey. The mannequins are wearing size Medium and XL jackets respectively which are their “usual” sizes. The fit of the jackets is snug. We also measured a selection of jackets and confirmed they run “true but snug” which we think is appropriate for a sport/race jacket like this. Most people will find a by buying the same size they normally would wear in men’s clothing.
I’ve put together a chart below to help you choose a size based on your chest and belly measurements. Hopefully, the chart will lead you to the same size you normally wear which will provide confirmation of your size choice. Choosing a size by measurements can also be of help for those with thicker builds and those who may be between sizes. These jackets taper moderately from chest to waist… about 2”. If you have a bit of a belly, just make sure the size you choose is big enough for your belly as well as your chest. For example, we list the size XL as a 46 max chest and so the max belly for that jacket would be about 44. If your belly/waist is smaller than this, it shouldn’t be a problem because the jackets have a lot of adjustability in the waist.
|Alpha Size||Max Chest Size||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
The Cortech Chicane leather jacket is new for fall 2021 and is part of their Speedway collection of products.
The Chicane jacket uses 1.2-1.3mm buffalo leather with perforated panels in the chest and back. Combined with CE level 1 armor in the shoulder and elbow and an upgradable back pad give you a good chassis for some serious riding. The jacket fit is very forgiving with stretch panels in the elbows, inner arms, and shoulders. With this kind of paneling, you could easily pair the jacket with an Airbag option if you wanted to wear one under the jacket.
The cuffs have an adjustable hook and loop closure and a zippered opening so you can adjust the fit and still get the jacket on and off without loosening the hook and loop. The waist also has two hook and loop adjusters that give you about 3-4 inches of adjustment. The jacket has 2 external hand warmer pockets with zip closures, a Napoleon pocket with snap closure, and two internal pockets with hook and loop closure that are accessible through slits in the removable thermal liner.
This is a great entry level sport jacket. With the thermal liner, you can use this jacket in warm to cool weather. Since it is perforated with a vest liner I wouldn’t suggest it in cold weather, but I wouldn’t suggest it for extreme heat either because it isn’t going to breathe all that much. :: Mike, 01/04/2022