Alpinestars GP Pro Leather Jacket
- Highly abrasion resistant construction using premium, 1.3mm full-grain leather for excellent comfort, fit and durability.
- Alpinestars race-derived, external Dynamic Friction Shield (DFS) protectors shoulders and elbows feature injection-molded shells and dual density foam padding.
- Removable, internal CE-certified protectors offer superior impact protection to shoulders and elbows.
- Snap connection system allows integration of CE level 2-certified Nucleon KR-R Back Protector for the ultimate protection.
- Chest and hip pad compartments with PE padding (Alpinestarsﾒ Nucleon chest and hip protection available as upgrade).
- Advanced poly-textile accordion stretch inserts in key articulation areas on back and elbows for excellent performance fit.
- Extensive advanced poly-textile stretch panels on chest, underarms and waist for increased range of movement.
- Leather stretch insert on rear lumbar area for excellent mobility in riding position.
- Integrated PE comfort padding on the chest, torso, coccyx and back further enhances fit and comfort while riding.
- Localized perforations on chest and arms and zippered torso air-intakes offer airflow and regulate body temperature.
- New Airprene collar and sleeve cuff construction for breathability and comfort; cuffs incorporate zip closures for secure and customizable fit.
- Moto GP profile, perforated, back hump for improved aerodynamic and ventilation performance.
- Mesh lining improves comfort, fit and ventilation.
- Premium YKK fasteners and semi-auto locking zips used throughout garment.
- 270 degree waist connection zipper allows attachment to Alpinestars riding pants.
- D-ring waist adjustments feature Velcro® straps for secure and personalized fitting.
- Extended lower back profile for improved lumbar coverage.
- Reflective detailing for improved rider visibility.
- Available in men’s EURO sizes: 46-60 / 46-64 (black only).
This product is sold in European sizes. We measured a selection of these jackets and also tried them on our Fit Check mannequins. The overall sizing of the jackets is accurate to the Alpinestars sizing chart for overall chest size (US chest size in inches is 10 points less than the European jacket size). I’d suggest you measure yourself with a tape and get your chest size, and if you have a bit of a belly you can also check your max belly. If you know your suit coat size, that works too. Then you can use the size chart to pick the smallest size jacket that will be big enough for both your chest and belly using the chart below.
This is a sport cut jacket and fits close to the body. The taper from chest to waist is about 4” which is not as aggressive as a full-on race jacket (which can taper as much as 8” from chest to waist. With a “drop” of about 4”, the fit will be easier for those with an average to muscular build. But even if you are more trim, the jackets have well-functioning tabs at the waist so you can tailor the fit to your own waist size.
To also help with those that have a more broad chest, this model has a great deal of flexible fabric material in the underarm and behind the shoulders. And those stretch areas really do stretch a lot.
|Euro Size||Max Chest Size (inches)||Max Belly Size (inches)|
Sizing Tip for Those Using Upgraded Armor: Adding chest or back armor to this jacket will change the fit. To account for that, I’d advise you to add one inch to your chest measurement if you plan to add either the Nucleon KR-1i or 2i back protector. Add another inch if you want to add the chest protectors. If you plan to add the KR-R racing back protector, add 2” (instead of 1” for the KR-1i/2i back pads).
Our Two Cents
A fully featured, premium leather performance and sport riding jacket, the GP Pro incorporates strategically positioned accordion stretch inserts to offer excellent levels of comfort and flex fit, both on and off the bike. Its exceptional protective capabilities can be ramped up by Nucleon protection accessory upgrades for a jacket that is safe and stylish.