Alpinestars Celer Leather Jacket
- Constructed with 1.3 mm full grain leather
- CE certified protection on shoulders and elbow
- Stretch panels on sleeves to further improve fit and feel
- Technical pre-curved sleeve construction
- External Alpinestars PU shoulder and elbow protection offer additional abrasion resistance
- Aero hump for improved aerodynamic and ventilation performance
- High-density perforations on chest, arms, back and shoulders
- Large accordion stretch panels help rider movement and comfort on the bike
- Removable thermal liner
- Thermal liner is sonic quilted for improved insulation performance and reduced material volume
- Fixed mesh lining
- Inner Waterproof pocket
- D-ring waist adjustment for precision fitting
- Two external zippered pockets
- Chest pad compartments with PE padding
- Multiple snap button system to integrate Level 2 CE certified Alpinestars Nucleon Back protector (sold separately)
- Neoprene comfort edge around collar and cuffs prevents skin chafing
- Waist connection zipper allows attachment to Alpinestars riding pants
This product is sold in European sizes. The overall sizing of the jackets is accurate to the Alpinestars sizing chart for overall chest size (US chest size in inches is 10 points less than the European jacket size). I’d suggest you measure yourself with a tape and get your chest size, and if you have a bit of a belly you can also check your max belly. If you know your suit coat size, that works too. Then you can use the size chart to pick the smallest size jacket that will be big enough for both your chest and belly using the chart below.
This is a sport cut jacket and has a trim fit, so if you are between sizes, I’d suggest choosing the larger. To help with those that have a more broad chest, this model has a great deal of flexible fabric material in the underarm and behind the shoulders. And those stretch areas really do stretch a lot.
Sizing Tip for Those Using Upgraded Armor: If you plan to add the protective armor to this jacket, I’d suggest adding to your chest and belly measurements before choosing a size using the chart. Add 1” to both your chest and belly for adding any of the back protectors. If you plan on adding the chest armor, add another inch to the chest. So for both the chest and back armor, add 2” to your chest and 1” to your belly.
|Euro Size||Max Chest Size (inches)||Max Belly Size (inches)|
Our Two Cents
This Celer leather jacket has been around for a few years now, and recently it has been designated a closeout item by Alpinestars which makes it bargain if your size remains. With an original retail price of $649.95, this is one of Alpinestars best leather sport jacket.
Most Alpinestar’s sport jackets offer the same basic protection features. This one has heavy duty rubberized protectors in the shoulders and elbows as standard and then there are hard plastic armor pieces built into the leather shell of the jacket that further reinforces the jacket. The rear speed hump is standard too.
The armor included with the jacket is standard molded rubber CE 1 removable type. And there is a pocket to add a back protector. I’ve listed a few options at the bottom of this page to add a back protector. There is a discussion on each of the back protector pages to help you choose the one for you. You also have the option to add chest armor as well, which is also listed below. Only one option is available for the chest armor. The jacket comes with plain foam units installed in the back protector and chest protector compartments, but those are just placeholders, so upgrading is recommended.
Even though this jacket is built pretty much like a race jacket, it if fitted with a few features to make it more compatible with everyday street riding. The jacket has zip vents on the shoulders to direct some air through the jacket in warmer weather And for air exhaust there is a single horizontal zip down low in back. For cooler weather, there is a removable vest type thermal liner, which looks and feels kind of impressive. It is a thinner liner, but is made of higher tech materials than most, so I bet it will do a pretty good job.
To connect to pants, there is an Alpinestars all-around waist zipper, which will work with a variety of Alpinestars pants from leather sport pants to textile styles (depending upon your need). So you could use this jacket for street wear, or with leather sport pants, make a track day.
Take advantage of this sale while sizes remain! :: Paul, 12-04-19