Klim Adventure Rally Air Jacket (LG Only)
If you find yourself riding in hot temperatures most of the time, the Adventure Rally Air Jacket offers great ventilation while still providing exceptional protection from impacts and abrasion. When combined with the two-way stretch GORE® Overshell Jacket, it becomes a versatile riding suit from Alaska to Argentina, and everything in between.EXTERIOR PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
- STRETCH PANELS AT ELBOW, SHOULDER FOR FULL RANGE OF MOTION
- LARGE PANELS OF SUPERFABRIC® MATERAL AT SHOULDER AND ELBOW FOR EXCELLENT ABRASION RESISTANCE
- REFLECTIVE MESH MATERIAL PLACEMENT FOR INCREASED LOW-LIGHT AND DARK-CONDITIONS VISIBILITY INTEGRATED ARMOR SYSTEMS
- D3O® XERGO SHOULDER AND ELBOW PIECES (MEET AND EXCEED NEWEST PROPOSED CE LEVEL 2 LIMB PROTECTOR STANDARDS [PREN1621-1:2011])
- D3O® VIPER PRO – LEVEL 2 BACK PIECE (EXCEEDS LEVEL 2 IMPACT PERFORMANCE STANDARDS FOR CE CERTIFICATION EN1621-2 TESTING) CARGO, COMFORT AND INTERNALS
- EIGHT EXTERNAL POCKETS: 2 UPPER CHEST, 2 LOWER CENTER FRONT, 2 LARGE SIDE HIP POCKETS, 1 REAR CENTER BACK POUCH AND 1 UPPER LEFT SPOT POCKET
- TWO INTERNAL CHEST POCKETS AND 1 HIDDEN POCKET
- EXTERNAL HYDRATION SYSTEM POCKET WITH EXTERNAL HOSE ROUTING OPTION OVER RIGHT SHOULDER TO HOSE CLIP ON RIGHT CHEST
- 1 FULLY SEAM SEALED REMOVABLE ROLL TOP “DRY BAG” FOR DELICATES/ELECTRONICS/WALLET, ETC.
- KLIM ID / EMERGENCY ID POCKET ON LEFT FOREARM (REGISTER YOUR JACKET ONLINE TO BUILD YOUR CUSTOM ID CARD)
- SPACER MESH AT SHOULDERS AND ELBOWS FOR BREATHABILITY AND COMFORT
- VERTICALLY ADJUSTABLE/REMOVABLE KIDNEY BELT PROVIDES SUPPORT AND STABILITY
- FULL CIRCUMFERENCE JACKET-TO-PANTS ZIP
- BICEP AND FOREARM SLEEVE ADJUSTMENT STRAPS
- LEATT-COMPATIBLE ZIP-OFF UPPER COLLAR
- PREMIUM-QUALITY LEATHER TRIM-PITTARDS® MICROVENT LEATHER AT WRISTS AND COLLAR
- MOISTURE-WICKING MESH INTERNAL LINER
The chest sizes listed in the chart below are from Klim’s chart and I’ve double checked the actual jackets against the chart and it is accurate. But be careful… while the size Large is exactly what you’d expect with a 44” max chest, the smaller sizes are a bit smaller than normal and the bigger sizes are bigger than normal. For example, a men’s size Medium usually is styled with a 42” max chest and Klim’s medium is a 40” max chest. Same goes for larger sizes… an XXL is typically a 48” max chest, but Klim’s is a 52” max chest.
Given the variation from “normal” for smaller and larger sizes, I’d highly recommend you measure yourself and/or measure a jacket that fits you well (take the link below on how to do that). Then choose a jacket that is big enough for your chest.
This jacket is geared toward more off road use than on road, so the cut is just slightly different. I find the body to be just a bit more roomy than their other jacket styles. I found the belly area in the jackets to be the same max dimension as the chest.
Overall sleeve and torso lengths are generous and will work for most average height or taller riders. Those of shorter stature may find the sleeve and torso lengths to be longer than ideal.
|Jacket Size||Max Chest||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
Klim offers two jacket and two pant versions of the Adventure Rally jacket/pants. The standard Adventure Rally and Adventure Rally pants are a solid textile design. They are highly vented with numerous zip vents and they are waterproof with bonded Gore Tex shells. These products will be very close to a four-season system. In the heat of summer though, they’ll get a bit toasty.
The Adventure Rally Air jacket and pants are made with a mostly-mesh frame that allows LOTS of air flow and this design will shine in the hottest summer months. By themselves, they aren’t waterproof, but the Klim Gore-Tex Rain jackets and pants can be purchased to wear over for waterproofing.
The overall choice whether to opt for the Adventure rally or Adventure Rally Air comes down to the climate you most anticipate riding in. The standard jacket will take you through 80% of the climates in the world, but for those that will do some extreme hot temp riding, opt for the Rally Air.
We’ve gone through the Adventure Rally jacket in pants in our own studio and we’ll put together our standard photo gallery on each. We were not able to do the same for the Air versions, but MANY of the features are similar such as the armor system.
The feature list on this jacket is just insanely detailed and long. In addition to that, we offer the detailed photos so you can see the features close up and we offer the spec list from Klim that lays out all the features.
Let me say that these jackets and pants are something really specialized… these offer the most complete armor systems of any jackets and pants we sell—period. All the armor is CE level 2 from D3O and further the shoulder and elbows armor are custom designed for Klim from D3O. They are more beefy and larger than the standard level 2 armor we sell by a good margin.
The shell materials are also well beyond anything else we sell. The base shell is bonded GoreTex (in the non-air version) which heavy duty in itself, but beyond that, the shoulders and elbows (and knees of the pants) in both versions are heavily over-layed and reinforced with Superfabric which resists abrasion, wears and slides better than any fabric used in motorcycle apparel today.
The extraordinary protection of the armor in the Adventure Rally jacket weighs in at 9.5lbs (for a size Large jacket). To help distribute that weight, the jacket has a set of internal straps and a built in kidney belt to help spread that weight out over your body evenly. (see the interior shot in the photo gallery). The pants are heavy duty as well, but not as radically different (or physically heavy) as the jacket. One of the suspender options wouldn’t be a bad idea to help support the weight.
Links to all the products in the Adventure Rally family along with suspender options and Gore-Tex rain suit for the Air jacket and pants are all listed at the bottom of each product page, so use those links to see the official feature lists and our sizing advice for each product. Photo sets are available for the non-air jacket and pants. :: Paul, 02-05-18
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Thank you much.... and.... Ride SAFE and FRESH !!! (Read more...)
I'm very happy with my experience with both motocyclegear.com and my new half-price, top of the line, Klim Rally Air jacket, It'll be put to good use here in Colorado! Thank you much, CJG