Cortech VRX Air 2.0 Jacket
- Peformance-cut, abrasion-resistant, 600 denier Carbolex® 100% polyester fabric, and Armor-Link 3 mesh shell
- Rainguard® waterproof zip-out liner
- Pre-curved and rotated sleeves
- Adjustable sleeve take-up straps
- Phoslite® reflective piping and Cortech signature reflective rear triangle for better nighttime visibility
- Removable, CE-approved armor in the shoulders and elbows, and articulated triple-density back protector
- Microfiber-lined mandarin collar and hook and loop adjustable microfiber-lined cuffs
- Two hand warmer pockets, interior mobile phone pocket, and interior storage pouch
- Accordion stretch panels at the waist and elbow
- Adjustable waist belts with TPR pulls to help fine tune the fit
- Includes an 8” jacket/pant zipper attachment panel (zipper not included)
- ESOTM zippers
Read on for more details.
We checked the fit on these jackets with our size mannequins and we also spot checked a few different size jackets with a tape. We feel this model runs true to size. The jackets are sold in ordinary “alpha” sizes, so you can choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing.
For those that want to check the size based upon their chest and belly measurements, I put together the chart below. Measure your chest and belly and pick a size that is big enough for both. Our chart differs a little bit from Cortech’s official chart in the smaller sizes, but we think Cortech understates the size of those jackets by about one size, so we recommend using our estimates.
The overall cut of this jacket is ideal for street and touring riding. It’s on the trim side, but not overlay so most people can find an easy fit.
|Alpha Size||Max Chest Size||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
The VRX 2.0 jacket by Cortech is a sport style made primarily for summer use. It comes with a removable wind/rain liner so it can work for wet weather and/or cooler weather too. Armor is included.
The shell of this jacket is mostly flow through mesh material, so it will flow a LOT of air. You’ll be able to wear the jacket and be comfortable in the hottest weather of the summer. And this jacket includes a removable full-sleeve wind and rain proof liner too. A liner like this is thin and can pack away easily when not in use. When you install it in the jacket, it will act as a wind barrier so it will extend the useful temperature range of the mesh jacket down so you’ll be comfortable when things cool off a bit. I’m thinking of early mornings, or mountain passes…that sort of thing. Also, the liner is rainproof and will keep your torso and arms dry in case of a rain.
The jacket has a nice set of CE approved armor. Its a molded rubber type found in nearly every style of jacket these days. Its CE rated too. The back pad is a dual density foam of medium density so there is nothing else to buy.
Generally speaking, the Cortech line offers nice products at very reasonable price. The updated styling here looks good too. :: Paul, 11-02-18