Alpinestars Oscar Charlie Leather Jacket
The Charlie Leather Jacket is the latest in Alpinestars heritage-inspired OSCAR By Alpinestars collection. Featuring a removable thermal liner for comfort and CE certified protection with a specially treated leather main shell, which is washed and waxed for durability and finish, the Charlie only improves with age.
- Full grain leather main shell construction with a natural finish for abrasion resistance, durability as well as a soft, luxurious feel.
- Slim-fitting, CE certified and removable Bio Armor shoulder and elbow protectors for optimized levels of protection.
- Back protector pocket with can be upgraded with Alpinestars CE certified Nucleon back protector as accessory.
- Removable flannel liner is thermal insulated (80g) offering versatile weather protection in colder climates.
- Pre-curved sleeve construction for comfort and movement in the riding position.
- Zipper and snap sleeve cuff closure and adjustment for personalized fit and security.
- Zippered hand pockets for peace-of-mind closure.
- Interior wallet/document compartment pocket.
- Embossed OSCAR By Alpinestars shoulder detailing, zips and trims.
- Available in men’s INTERNATIONAL sizes: S-3XL.
Read on for more details.
This product is sold in European sizes. We measured a selection of these jackets and also tried them on our Fit Check mannequins. The overall sizing of the jackets is pretty much what we expected as compared to other Alpinestars jackets. The measured chest of these jackets run at just about 10 points smaller than the Euro size, so a size 56 Euro has a max chest of about 46”. If you have experience in fitting recent models of Alpinestars sport jacket, you’ll find this one fits comparably.
This jacket, being a sport style, is cut to fit snug and close to the body, but the taper from chest to waist isn’t as severe as you might find in more track oriented jackets. In this jacket, the taper from the chest to the waist is about 2”-3”. Those with a belly need to be careful about size selection to make sure the jacket will be big enough for both the chest and belly. To choose a size, I’d suggest you measure yourself with a tape and get your chest and belly size. Then you can use the size chart to pick the smallest size jacket that will be big enough for both your chest and belly using the chart below.
Sizing advice for adding option armor: Adding chest or back armor to this jacket will change the fit. To account for that, I’d advise you to add one inch to your chest measurement if you plan to add a back protector before making your size selection from the chart. Add another inch if you want to add the chest protectors.
|Euro Size||Max Chest Size (inches)||Max Belly Size (inches)|