HJC IS-Max II Helmet
- Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell with Adjustable Polycarbonate Chinbar: Lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology. Single-Button One Handed Chin Bar/Face Shield Release
- Optically Superior Pinlock® Faceshield (HJ-17): Provides 95% U.V. Protection. QuickSlide™ Tool-less Shield Replacement System. Pinlock® Insert sold separately
- One-touch Integrated SunShield (HJ-V5): Smoke-tinted 3-stage adjustable SunShield with locking mechanism deploys quickly and easily. Multiple Optional SunShields available. (U.S. PAT. #7,540,033).
- “ACS” Advanced Channeling Ventilation System: Full front to back airflow flushes heat and humidity up and out.
- SuperCool™ Interior: Moisture-wicking anti-bacterial fabric. Removable and washable liner and cheek pads.
- All sizes of cheek pads are interchangeable in all helmet sizes.
- Weight: XS to MD 3.81 lbs. (1,730 +/- 35g ) LG to 2XL 3.85 lbs. (1,750 +/- 35g ) 3XL to 5XL 3.96lbs. (1,800g ± 35g)
- Meets or Exceeds D.O.T. Standards
Here is a link to HJC’s website where you’ll find information on installing and removing shields, base plates, cheek pads, chin curtains, etc, as well as helmet care and cleaning.
Read on for more details.
Our Two Cents
The original IS-Max BT helmet has been a big seller for a few years now so HJC didn’t really change the concept of the IS-Max with the IS-Max II. They didn’t really want to fix something that wasn’t broken but did do some updating to the shell and the design. HJC really did a good job on improving upon the previous model without losing anything that makes the IS-Max a great helmet for any style biker. The helmet has the speaker pockets built into the EPS liner. This opens up your options on the communication systems you can use with this helmet. HJC updated the shell aerodynamics and added in rear exhaust vents. The rear exhaust helps draw warm moist air out of the helmet and promotes better air flow through the helmet. I really feel this is a big improvement to this helmet. The internal shell shape has not changed. The size medium fit me well. My head shape is more of an intermediate oval or neutral shape. Like most modular helmets this shell shape is more of a slightly round shape. I still had a good fit from the medium and would not want a different size. The IS-Max II comes with a Pinlock ready shield installed on the helmet but the insert is sold separately.
The chatterbox XBi2-H Plus system is not compatible with the new IS-Max II helmets
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
HJC IS-Max II Helmet with Pinlock visor. I waited too long to get this upgrade. Integrated internal sun screen visor is awesome; now I don’t have to carry an additional tinted visor and / or go through the pain of changing. As for the Pinlock, ... (Read more...)
The HJC IS-MAX II Helmet arrived faster than expected (as always, been ordering gear and happy with this site since it was NewEnough.com). Fit and comfort are of vital priority when it comes to protective gear, especially helmets. The helmet it... (Read more...)