Klim 2021 Hardanger Heated Long Glove
- GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY®
- 3M™ THINSULATE™ INSULATION – 100G BACKHAND
- 3M™ SCOTCHLITE™ REFLECTIVE MATERIAL
- GOAT LEATHER PALM, FINGERS
- FLEXIBLE RUBBER KNUCKLE PROTECTION W/ GOAT LEATHER TRIM
- 5MM XRD® IMPACT PROTECTION FOAM IN KNUCKLES AND PALM PAD
- OVER-THE-CUFF GAUNTLET DESIGN
- VELCRO WRIST / CUFF CLOSURE
- DWR TREATMENT
- VISOR WIPER
- MULT-E-TOUCH™ SCREEN FUNCTIONALITY
- RIDER GRIP ARTICULATION
- COMFORT FLEECE BACKHAND FOR ADDED WARMTH
- MICROFLEECE INSIDE PALM
- NO PALM INSULATION FOR MORE TACTILE CONTROL
- ENTRY ASSIST PULL LOOP
- PLASTIC CLIP CONNECT
- RIDER-SPECIFIC HEAT DISTRIBUTION (HEAT ELEMENTS WRAP FINGERTIPS AND BACKHAND)
- PAIR WITH HEATED GRIPS FOR ADDED WARMTH
- UP TO 8 HOURS ON LOW HEAT (GREEN LIGHT)
- UP TO 3 HOURS ON MEDIUM HEAT (BLUE LIGHT)
- UP TO 1.5 HOURS ON HIGH HEAT (RED LIGHT)
- 10-MIN HIGH HEAT AUTO TIMER REVERTS TO MED HEAT (CAN BE OVERRIDDEN BACK TO HIGH HEAT)
- RED-BLUE-GREEN HEAT LEVEL LIGHTING CODE
- LITHIUM-ION BATTERY (1 PER GLOVE)
- VELCRO BATTERY COMPARTMENT
- ADDITIONAL BATTERIES AVAILABLE
These Klim gloves fit more like American branded gloves than European branded gloves (which run a bit smaller). If you have experience with brands like FirstGear, Tour Master, Joe Rocket etc, I think you’ll find the fit comparable. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Just as an FYI, you may have previous experience with Alpinestars and REV’IT! which generally run about one half size smaller, size-for-size, than Klim. So if a particular size in either of those brands is roomy on you, then you may be able to go down one full size in this style.
Our Two Cents
The Klim Hardanger Heated Long Glove is a very nice insulated and waterproof gauntlet glove with internal battery-powered heat. Two batteries and a charger are included for extra warmth for up to 8 hrs. in the saddle.
We’ve sold many battery powered winter gloves over the years, but none as nice as these. You can tell the manufacturer of these gloves knows about how to build a glove for motorcycles… and then they added warmth. So many battery powered gloves styles I’ve seen are built for all sorts of sporting use but many don’t include motorcycle specific safety features, but I’m happy to say these do. For example, this glove has traditional knuckle armor, a positive wrist closer to keep the gloves on the hand in case of a fall, an adjustable gauntlet, an integrated shield squeegee, and goatskin palms for long wear. Also for motorcycling in mind, the heating elements and insulation are located on the back of the hand only which means you still have good feel for your controls. For very cold temps you could use these gloves along with heated grips and you’d be able to feel the warmth through your palms too.
Working the button on this glove is easy. It’s a simple “hi-med-low” setup and the button has a light that signals what setting you are using… red/green/blue and of course off. The charging is equally as simple, just use the wall charger. When you plug in the battery pack, it turns red and when charged shows green. There are two plugs on the charger so you can charge up both batteries at the same time. Easy enough.
The overall look and feel of this glove is just fantastic. The leather trim and other materials look just great, and the gloves are lined with a plushy soft fabric. The gloves include a GoreTex liner so they are safe to wear in the rain. It’s all here folks. :: Paul, 02-03-21
Klim says: From cold morning commutes to harsh weather touring, the Hardanger HTD Long Glove will take your rides to new “lows” with an intuitive 3-level heating system. These waterproof gloves combine backhand insulation with durable heating elements to provide more comprehensive warmth than heated grips alone – without affecting your dexterity on the controls. Long lasting lithium-ion batteries and road-ready protection features are ready for big rides. Extend your comfortable riding conditions with the Hardanger HTD Long Glove.