Alpinestars Atom Gloves
- Stretch fabric, mesh and leather main shell construction
- Soft viscoelastic PU foam compound knuckle guard which is ergonomically profiled
- Hook and loop grip closure conveniently positioned on top of the wrist
- Mesh and stretch fabric on the backhand for lighter weight, cooling performance and comfort
- Short cuff design for ease of entry and convenience
- Ergonomic stretch insert between thumb and palm and on backhand offers flexibility to vastly improve hand movement
- Reflective piping on finger tips
- Thumb and palm reinforcement constructed from synthetic suede for durability and grip
- Touchscreen compatible finger-tip
- CE certified Level 1
The fit of Alpinestars gloves are very consistent from one model to the next. And overall, they fit a bit small as compared to other brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, etc. It’s not enough to recommend that you buy a larger size (especially if a snug fit is preferred) but it is noticeable enough to say that if you are sometimes between sizes, then you should probably choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars Atom gloves are a short cuff summer gloves with the best knuckle protector of all the Alpinestars summer gloves this season.
The overall design of the Atom glove is very similar to the Kinetic glove for 2018. Its leather in the palm and has an energy absorbing rubberized knuckle protector. The knuckle protector used in this particular model is the most heavy duty feeling of all the new summer gloves I’ve seen this season from Alpinestars.
And the Atom offer more of the vented mesh material on the back of the hand than any of them too. It is definitely made for hot summer use. The palm side of the glove is very nice light glove leather. There is a slight bit of extra padding on the side of the hand, but nothing special in the heel of the hand (this would be the feature that other models have that this one lacks).
The styling of this one is “sport” oriented and more traditional with the “A” logo than many of the others. Overall a nice summer sport glove. :: Paul, 05-21-18