Alpinestars SMX-2 Air Carbon Honda Gloves
- Durable multi-panel main shell incorporating full grain leather and 3D mesh.
- New microfiber and PU grip insert strategically positioned on palm and thumb.
- Alpinestars exclusive ergonomic stretch insert between palm and thumb.
- Incorporates new premium quality suede palm and landing reinforcement.
- Ergonomically shaped Alpinestars innovative carbon knuckle guard, which is reinforced on the interior for additional protection.
- Top of fingers and backhand incorporates poly mesh and TPR inserts.
- 3D mesh finger and thumb surfaces for cooling performance.
- Pre-curved finger construction to reduce riding fatigue.
- Neoprene wrist cuff plus hook and loop and TPR closure.
- Touchscreen compatible index fingertip and thumb.
- Stretch finger sidewalls for improved flexibility and comfort.
Read on for more details.
These gloves are consistent with the major brands we’ve carried—Teknic, Joe Rocket, Olympia, etc, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The SMX-2 Air Carbon glove is a light weight glove for street riding. The styling is somewhat like a motocross glove with some breathable stretchy material on the back of the hand with added molded rubber doodads on the fingers. The knuckles are protected by a sturdy molded carbon fiber piece. This is well padded and comfortable when you make a fist. The palm is a combination of leather and Clarino (which is a man-made suede-like material) for improved grip.