Alpinestars SP-8 HDry Gloves
A fully waterproof and breathable sport riding glove, the SP-8 HDry® Glove is constructed with advanced HDry® membrane laminated technology to create a waterproof glove that offers the best feeling with the bike’s controls. Derived from Alpinestars’ iconic SP-8 gloves, this glove is constructed from a blend of goat leather and synthetic leather for lightweight and performance. Featuring dual density SP knuckle protection, a double closure system and multi-layer reinforcements with accordion and stretch zones, this weatherproof glove offers effective all-weather performance.
- New ergonomic palm and finger construction features a blend of internal and external stitching for flexibility and sensitivity with the bike’s controls, while also enhancing durability.
- ARShield palm landing zone reinforcement for additional protection in a key area.
- Alpinestars dual density SP knuckle for protection against impacts.
- According to European statutory law the CE mark is a conformity requirement for the marketing of this product.
- The following standards apply: Fully CE certified motorcycling product: CE Level 1 KP.
- Ergonomic palm stretch insert for optimized fit and comfort.
- Padded extended cuff.
- Dual closure system.
- Padded Landing zone.
- Side hand reinforcement.
- Alpinestars finger bridge.
- Touchscreen compatible.
- HDry® laminated membrane on the outer shell for waterproof performance and breathability.
Read on for more details.
The fit of Alpinestars gloves is very consistent from one model to the next. And overall, they fit a bit small as compared to other brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, etc. It’s not enough to recommend that you buy a larger size (especially if a snug fit is preferred) but it is noticeable enough to say that if you are sometimes between sizes, then you should probably choose the larger of the two. Hopefully, you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based on the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars SP-8 HDry is a continuation of earlier SP-8 gloves but with an upgraded HDry® laminated waterproof membrane.
The SP-8 HDry gloves use the same updated knuckle protection we have seen on the SP-8 Air and SP-8 v3 gloves that were recently introduced. On the palm, there is a new ARShield in the area where you would typically see a slider. This new material from Alpinestars is being used to provide reinforcement in key areas and it looks like they are planning to use it in most gloves moving forward. The cuffs have dual hook and loop closures so you can get a snug and secure fit at the wrist and the cuff itself is adjustable to go over or under your jacket sleeves. The fingers each have dual density knuckle protectors aside from the pinkie finger, but there is a pinkie bridge connecting it to the ring finger. The touchscreen material on the index finger and thumb work well on Apple and Android devices here at the shop.
With the HDry® liner these gloves will keep you dry in wet weather. They should work for most riders in warm to cold, wet, or dry weather. :: Mike, 12-17-21