Z1R Recoil Waterproof Gloves
- Long gauntlet, insulated and waterproof for extended coverage from the elements
- Hipora™ waterproof/windproof membrane
- Durable water repellent prevents outer shell from becoming saturated and allows materials to breathe naturally
- Thin layer of 3M Thinsulate™ insulation on top hand and fleece lining provide maximum comfort and added warmth
- One-piece, full-grain leather palm for efficient direct grip
- Full-grain leather top fingers and stretch woven polyester top hand panels for maximum flex and wind/water resistance
- Low-profile cuff is adjustable and designed to fit over jacket cuff
- Reflective piping accent at top hand and fingers
- Pre-curved finger design for efficient gripping
These gloves are consistent with the major American based brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, Joe Rocket, etc, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you find yourself between sizes, I’d recommend choosing the smaller in this glove. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Just as an FYI, you may have previous experience with European designed brands such as Alpinestars and REV’IT! which run about one half size smaller, size-for-size, than the American brands. It is not a universally true fact, but generally holds for most styles. So if a particular size in either of those brands is roomy on you, then you’d probably want to go down one full size in this style.
Our Two Cents
The waterproof version of the Recoil glove by Z1R is equipped with a waterproof liner to keep your hands dry in case of wet weather.
These gloves have a long gauntlet with a wide range of adjustment so you can wear them over your jacket sleeve which will help seal out the water (from going up your jacket sleeve I mean). The back of the hand on these gloves is a combination of black leather and black nylon material. And also on the back of the hand is some reflective piping so you can better be seen at night. the palm side of the gloves is soft black leather for the full length.
The factory says there is a thin layer of Thinsulate insulation on the back of the hand. I do feel something in there, but these are only very lightly insulated gloves. I can see them being used in spring and fall and milder days in the summer or winter.
This Recoil glove is also available in a full leather, non-waterproof version and for women, there is also a waterproof and non-waterproof version. See the links below to have a look at those. :: Paul, 01-17-18