Tour Master Dri-Perf Gel Gloves
- Durable perforated goatskin construction with nylon stretch forchettes (the area between the fingers)
- Waterproof, breathable E-Dry barrier allows for the passage of air and perspiration, while remaining completely water tight
- Gel inserts across the lower palm reduce shock and vibration
- Touchscreen compatible conductive overlays on the thumb and index finger
- EVA foam padding on the fingers and outside of wrist combine with a hard knuckle protector
- Stretch panels on the fingers reduce fatigue and increase dexterity
- Hook and loop gauntlet closure
These gloves are consistent with the major brands we’ve carried—Tour Master, Joe Rocket, Olympia, etc, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Dri-Perf Gel gloves have an almost perfectly descriptive name… this is a perforated leather glove with a waterproof liner and also with some gel padding in the palms.
We sell a variety of ventilated leather gloves, and we sell a variety of gloves with a waterproof liner, but I really don’t recall a glove with that particular combination of features. If this glove were a fall/winter design, then the general feel of pulling on a glove with a waterproof liner (with its usual internal poly liner) wouldn’t feel odd at all, but to have that in combination with a mostly perforated leather shell just seems odd. In my mind, the goals of having a very ventilated glove and a waterproof glove are just at cross purposes. And the fact that the gloves are all-leather, which generally doesn’t mix well with rain, makes it even more odd, but anyway…
The overall fit and look of the glove is just fine and I think this glove has a bit more protection that many summer gloves you’ll see on our site. The knuckles have a molded armor piece built in, but strangely, it only has three “humps” built into the armor rather than four and only covers three knuckles.
If you came to our store to buy these gloves, and were pre-sold on getting them, then by all means, put in an order, and ignore my (possibly overly subjective) comments above. :: Paul, 04-15-15