REVIT Stratos 2 GTX Gloves
- Thinsulate® G insulation features large air pockets to trap heat, allowing a garment to remain extremely warm for an extended period of time. The spacious air pockets also allow a garment to remain lightweight and quick to dry.
- Flocking is the process of adhering small fibre particles (called flock) onto a surface. This process creates a texture that picks up water.
- PWR shell twill stretch combines unique and sought-after functionalities: high melting point, tremendous tear and abrasion-resistance, and excellent durability into an all-inclusive knitted fabric. This is the stretch variant which provides maximal elasticized support. Additionally, this fabric is woven in twill. The unique weave features a diagonal parallel pattern, adding a stylish look and feel to the fabric.
- Tanned leather made from goatskin is considered extremely durable, and is often used for gloves and other products that require a soft hide.
- PWR shield is created with a unique knit technique which results in a fabric with unsurpassed cut, tear and abrasion resistance levels. This product is equipped with PWR|shield at the palm.
- Never take off your gloves again to answer your phone or navigation system. The connect fingertip has been specifically designed to operate touch screens.
- Long cuff length
- Tour fit
Read on for more details.
We find that gloves from REV’IT! are generally very consistent in fit from one model to the next, and we find they run a bit on the snug side as compared to most US based brands. The fit is very similar to Alpinestars which also fit more snugly than other brands of gloves. The tendency to run small is not so noticeable that we’d advise you to buy one size larger, but if you are sometimes in between sizes, your best shot would be to choose larger. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Stratos 2 GTX Gloves are new for the winter of 2020. This is a full-gauntlet winter glove with Thinsulate insulation and a GoreTex waterproof liner. With a new lower MSRP, these gloves are a good value!
This glove shares a lot of features with the Kryptonite 2 GTX glove which is also part of the crop of new gloves from REVIT for the winter of 2020. This Stratos 2 GTX has a full gauntlet that is designed to fit over most jacket sleeves. The longer gauntlet is insulated too, so it gives another layer of insulation over the wrist and lower forearm. By contrast, the Kryptonite 2 has a knitted cuff to seal closely to the wrist which fits under the cuff. So consider this new Stratos 2 to be comparable in most other respects but with a full gauntlet, and the good news is, it’s only $10 more.
I’d characterize the insulation level as moderate. These gloves will be good for mild to colder days, but maybe not for the coldest days of the winter. The back of the hand on this style is textile and the palm side of the hand is leather. Each glove has a strip of soft fabric (or suede leather, I’m not sure which) down the inside of the index finger so you can wipe your visor (or wet nose, yuck :) ).
For motorcycling protection, the Stratos 2 GTX has the usual substantial molded protector over the knuckle and some additional padding in the palm area of the hand. And to keep the gloves safely on your hand in case of a fall, there is a “quick-close buckle arrangement at the wrist. The buckle system takes a bit of getting used to, but the idea is that you use the large Velcro flap to snug the buckle down, and then you can release with a small tab sewn to the buckle. You’ll get the idea when you see it in person.
The waterproofing in the glove is genuine GoreTex, and its the “bonded” kind where the waterproof liner is bonded to the glove’s outer material rather than being an extra layer which results in a more compact design with no slip between the layers… better grip, hence the brand name, Gore Grip.
I think the Stratos 2 GTX is another nice winter glove that is a good value. :: Paul, 10-26-20
REVIT says: Take the Stratos 2 GTX gloves on your next tour and you won’t be disappointed. They feature a stylish combination of leather and textile alongside innovative features and modern materials. The renowned GORE-TEX membrane keeps hands dry and the 3M™ Thinsulate™ thermal liner keeps hands warm. The unique SEESOFT™ 3D knuckle is CE certified to the highest level, providing premium protection and the specially designed 3D anatomical shaped knuckle offers optimum freedom of movement and comfort. To keep things visible, reflection can be found at the back of the hand and at the fingers. The Stratos 2 GTX gloves are a classic and clean-looking pair of hand protectors that will help you tour further. Making sure you can easily put your gloves on – or take them off – our unique Single Motion Closure System is up to the task.