REVIT Boxxer H2O Gloves
- Constructed of a combination of goatskin and suede with water repelling finish
- Hydratex® Z-liner is constructed between the lining and outer shell of the gloves to provide all-weather protection
- Tri-fleece lining provides extra warmth without bulk and wicks moisture away for greater comfort
- Hard shell knuckles, Temperfoam® on the palm and knuckles and EVA foam at the fingers and thumb for impact protection
- Reflective material on the backhand
- Adjustable Velcro strap at the wrist
- Knitted cuffs
- Connect Finger Tip enables you to use your smart phone or GPS touchscreen without having to take off the gloves
More info: This document explains some of the features and materials listed above. (Not all REV’IT! products have all the features or materials listed. Use your back button after viewing.)
Please Note: We can ship REV’IT! products to US, US territory or APO/FPO addresses only (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Read on for more details.
We find that gloves from REV’IT! are generally very consistent in fit from one model to the next, and we find they run a bit on the snug side as compared to most US based brands. The fit is very similar to Alpinestars which also fit more snugly than other brands of gloves. The tendency to run small is not so noticeable that we’d advise you to buy one size larger, but if you are sometimes in between sizes, your best shot would be to choose larger. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
I see these Boxxer gloves as being a great choice for street and “urban” riders. The knitted cuff closure is what gave me the “urban” impression, as these resemble everyday gloves for winter. The cuffs are nice and should keep out drafts for winter. The gloves have a nice feel inside and out. The leather is soft and pliable and won’t require any break-in time. The insides are lined with a plushy black fabric which immediately retains heat and feels warm. I would characterize these gloves as “lightly” insulated. I can’t really feel a layer of insulation, but the combination of the inner liner, the waterproof liner and the leather outer combined will retain some heat.
The tips of the forefinger and thumbs on both hands are covered in conductive material…sort of gold tone material in fact, that looks neat and is also extremely functional with your smartphone, etc. Having the material at the ends of the fingers is good since you can be a bit more accurate with your tapping, swiping etc. You won’t be sending a long email with these things on, but for the occasional chore, they work as well as any I’ve tried.
Overall, nice gloves. I like the knit cuff closure, the plushy interior and the better than most touch screen capability (which is gold tone!). :: Paul, 09-12-14